Active Topics

Posts: 446 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Lake District, Cumbria, UK
http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE65N20Y20100624

i dont read that as anti symbian FUD?

Posts: 139 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Connecticut, United States
I am pretty sure there will be symbian devices, otherwise why would nokia work on symbian 4?

Posts: 446 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Lake District, Cumbria, UK
Not the N-series though after the N8 is what reuters are are saying.

Posts: 741 | Thanked: 900 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Auckland NZ
Originally Posted by neotalk View Post
http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE65N20Y20100624

i dont read that as anti symbian FUD?
Read the comments under that post. That should give you a better idea about the writer's history.

they will work on symbian 4 for an update to many of there symbian 3 devices....of which they have a huge market share.

Originally Posted by maluka View Post
Read the comments under that post. That should give you a better idea about the writer's history.
the souce given was from a nokia spokesman:

"Going forward, N-series devices will be based on MeeGo," said Nokia spokesman Doug Dawson.

the souce given was from a nokia spokesman:

"Going forward, N-series devices will be based on MeeGo," said Nokia spokesman Doug Dawson.
That article came out June 24 quoting an unverified source.

The quotes I've listed above came on July 2nd "The Nokia N8 will be our only Nseries device on Symbian^3. Of course, we ‘never comment on future products’, but a Symbian^4 Nseries device is a strong possibility. A very strong possibility " from Nokia head of Mobile Solutions Anssi Vanjoki

and July 22nd "Starting with the N8, Nokia aims to ship more than 50 million Symbian^3 devices in the coming years, alongside devices using other versions of the Symbian OS." from Nokia CEO Olli-Pekka Kallasvuo and CFO Timo Ihamuotila.

You don't get any higher up than these people.

Posts: 139 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Connecticut, United States
so will the N8 die, due to lack of updates/enhancements or will it get an official update to 4?

@ Maluka ...ok...you read what you want to read....i will now give up trying to explain to you about the N-Series not going with symbian after the N8 but rather they are going to go with Meego..

Last edited by neotalk; 2010-08-16 at 18:14.

ok...you read what you want to read....i will now give up trying to explain to you about the N-Series not going with symbian after the N8 but rather they are going to go with Meego..
They are of course going with MeeGo too. The N8 and N9 will be the top N-series devices.

What is more important is that Nokia is going with Qt. The Symbian and MeeGo phones will get the same apps and games.

The Following User Says Thank You to maluka For This Useful Post: