Originally Posted by thoughtfix View Post
As part of my accessory review series, I have a Proporta charger on the way too. Keep watching!

Yeah I almost bought that one... more power... not that much heavier. If I didn't have 2 extra batteries in my case with me at all times I would have bought this one.

Thanks for the info. Despite what everyone says about this being unweildy it has one HUGE advantage if you're out and about or traveling: AA's can be found anywhere! I have to pick one up.

Originally Posted by gsagers View Post
Thanks for the info. Despite what everyone says about this being unweildy it has one HUGE advantage if you're out and about or traveling: AA's can be found anywhere! I have to pick one up.
When I am in the mood of watching video for many hours in a row I do not like to get stressed about changing a battery while i am enjoying my recorded tv shows... but when surfing the internet I don't mind being totally free and shutting down for a minute to change the battery... i use my Nokia N800 between 6-10 hours each day I work... I couldn't be more happy with an electronic product than this... but I will say... on my days off I do not turn it on at all and have little use for it.

I use Tekkeon myPower which after doing a test of playing a movie, after 12 hours still had a full charge on my internal battery. The product also comes with an adapter for the 700 and the cable is a USB cable so you can plug the cable into a laptop to charge the IT.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16875999020

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Originally Posted by gsagers View Post
One minor caveat though: Using an auxiliary battery charger is not the most energy-efficient way to use batteries. You're essentially using batteries to mimick AC power and the end result is that a 2.5 amp battery won't give you even close to 2.5 amps in the device.

Still, for those of us who are not of a green disposition, it just means buying more batteries...