Posts: 292 | Thanked: 348 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Rio de Janeiro
Thank you sony, welcome 3ds...
I would surely change my psp for a psp2, not for this...
I already have a tablet pc with phone function ( what?? ) and
a psp with skype, now sony will commit same old mistake ,
many different gadgets that could be a big good one...
Strangely enough, sony already distributed a psp2 sdk
for the companies, so was it really a psp2? 0o
Oh, and don`t forget the size of the games, hope they will be
as big or bigger than umd ones, because I`m tired of good looking
phone games with 10 mins of gameplay...

Originally Posted by luiscesjr View Post
Thank you sony, welcome 3ds...
I would surely change my psp for a psp2, not for this...
I already have a tablet pc with phone function ( what?? ) and
a psp with skype, now sony will commit same old mistake ,
many different gadgets that could be a big good one...
Strangely enough, sony already distributed a psp2 sdk
for the companies, so was it really a psp2? 0o
Oh, and don`t forget the size of the games, hope they will be
as big or bigger than umd ones, because I`m tired of good looking
phone games with 10 mins of gameplay...
Nah apparantly there is a PSP Phone and a PSP2. The PSP2 being the successor to the PSP. While the PSP Phone is some weird offshoot.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Originally Posted by PhillipJ View Post
Time to cancel my OpenPandora pre-order? Maybe not until this thing is actually shipping, probably an 80% chance that SE will have these things in Australia before OP get my little black obsolete handheld to me.
You're right, I'd cancel if I were you. Sucks for OP but I don't sympathize with them, they made so many stupid mistakes and disregarded good suggestions from the pre-orderers, they sort of brought it onto themselves.

Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
Nah apparantly there is a PSP Phone and a PSP2. The PSP2 being the successor to the PSP. While the PSP Phone is some weird offshoot.
I'm pretty certain the new SDK is the PSP2 platform and this is a part of that.
Sony will give the PSPhone access to the Android Market and its own PSN (PlayStation Network).
From there the PSPhone can download:
Android Apps and Games
all of the current games (games that were converted from UMD into a digital download)
PSP Go games (new games available only on the PSP Go)
and new games built for the PSP2 (when the PSP2 is released).

I think Sony will go Apple's route and release the PSPhone first then the PSP2 comparable to the iPhone and the iTouch.
With the PSPhone, Sony and Sony Ericson will make some (a lot) of profit, then they will make the PSP2 available. The PSP2 will likely have less features/connectivity (ie download games via Wifi/PC connection) but will retail cheaper than the PSPhone.
I'm guessing it might be $400 for PSP2 compared to a $1500 phone plan. This approach makes a lot of sense.

-----------------------------------------

My thought's on the PSPhone hardware:

Pretty great but I wished they'd make these tweeks:
(in order of most-to-least important)

1) removable battery (geez that's common sense)
2) HDMI out (without one, I won't buy)
3) Dual-joysticks (not a multitouchpad!!)
4) Tilting action like the N97 (better finger reach for the shoulder buttons)
5) 4 fullsized shoulder buttons (not 2 and volume rocker)
6) 1GB of RAM to remove the bottleneck of 3D games (proof = Galaxy S)

What are you're thoughts??

The Following User Says Thank You to Kangal For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Melbourne, Australia
You have no idea if there will or will not be a removable battery right?
why do you (or anyone) want HDMI out on a phone? It's running Android so if there's something on it you want to watch just plug it into a PC in mass storage mode.
Yeah, I'm wondering if what look like optical touchpads can ever be as good as OpenPandora's flat analog nubs.
No, tilting isn't required, especially for a gaming device. I've played hours of Advance Wars on my n810 and have never wished for a tilting screen.
No, four shoulder buttons are not required. Very few games need them.
Yes, 512MB of ram is enough. A PS3 only has 256MB of system RAM and 256MB of video RAM and it needs to support 1080p video. A playstation phone won't have a full HD screen so it won't need as much vRAM.

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
its now been outed as a fake by many sites in the gaming world
http://www.nowgamer.com/news/4488/so...-phone-is-fake

Posts: 3,524 | Thanked: 2,958 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Delta Quadrant
Originally Posted by NvyUs View Post
Sony not commenting isn't the same as a proclamation that it's fake. It's just that they're not giving up any information -- which any large company would do with the outing of a very unfinished product. It's controlled PR.

Perhaps I'm missing something?

Originally Posted by Kangal View Post
You're right, I'd cancel if I were you. Sucks for OP but I don't sympathize with them, they made so many stupid mistakes and disregarded good suggestions from the pre-orderers, they sort of brought it onto themselves.

I'm pretty certain the new SDK is the PSP2 platform and this is a part of that.
Sony will give the PSPhone access to the Android Market and its own PSN (PlayStation Network).
From there the PSPhone can download:
Android Apps and Games
all of the current games (games that were converted from UMD into a digital download)
PSP Go games (new games available only on the PSP Go)
and new games built for the PSP2 (when the PSP2 is released).

I think Sony will go Apple's route and release the PSPhone first then the PSP2 comparable to the iPhone and the iTouch.
With the PSPhone, Sony and Sony Ericson will make some (a lot) of profit, then they will make the PSP2 available. The PSP2 will likely have less features/connectivity (ie download games via Wifi/PC connection) but will retail cheaper than the PSPhone.
I'm guessing it might be $400 for PSP2 compared to a $1500 phone plan. This approach makes a lot of sense.

-----------------------------------------

My thought's on the PSPhone hardware:

Pretty great but I wished they'd make these tweeks:
(in order of most-to-least important)

1) removable battery (geez that's common sense)
2) HDMI out (without one, I won't buy)
3) Dual-joysticks (not a multitouchpad!!)
4) Tilting action like the N97 (better finger reach for the shoulder buttons)
5) 4 fullsized shoulder buttons (not 2 and volume rocker)
6) 1GB of RAM to remove the bottleneck of 3D games (proof = Galaxy S)

What are you're thoughts??
I think the PSP2 is alot more powerful than the PSP Phone though. So unless its PSP2 arcade titles, something that doesn't use the full resources of the PSP2 I can't imagine any PSP2 titles running on the PSP Phone. What I think Sony has planned for the PSP Phone is..

- Android Games
- UMD games that have been converted to the digital market.
- PSP Phone games?
- maybe PSP2 arcade content (kinda like how Windows Phone 7 has XBOX LIVE Arcade...though it doesn't run any of the arcade games...)

But I hope not. I do hope that the PSP2 is just a cellular less version of the PSP Phone but I don't think it is.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Originally Posted by PhillipJ View Post
You have no idea if there will or will not be a removable battery right?
why do you (or anyone) want HDMI out on a phone? It's running Android so if there's something on it you want to watch just plug it into a PC in mass storage mode.
Yeah, I'm wondering if what look like optical touchpads can ever be as good as OpenPandora's flat analog nubs.
No, tilting isn't required, especially for a gaming device. I've played hours of Advance Wars on my n810 and have never wished for a tilting screen.
No, four shoulder buttons are not required. Very few games need them.
Yes, 512MB of ram is enough. A PS3 only has 256MB of system RAM and 256MB of video RAM and it needs to support 1080p video. A playstation phone won't have a full HD screen so it won't need as much vRAM.
1) I had a good look on the pictures and it seems like it *may* not have a removable battery. And if Sony do this it would make sense because they did it with the PSP Go to stop people using the PandoraBattery to flash CFW. But Sony has come under high critisizim about copying Apple which put customers to a great disadvantage. All in all, I know nothing about this "prototype" besides Sony's history, current knowledge, and speculations about their implementation.

2) The PSPhone won't have a HDMI-out, or at least this will be disabled for any PlayStation game... they want you to buy a PS3 aswell. I just pray they dont be greedy and leave it in, but that is highly unlikely as I've pointed out.

3) ... tactile response is something we take for granted, and we see its true value when we try to play fps/3d games on Android/iOS/webOS

4) Tilting isn't required ... but man would it be sweet if it was implemented! I mean I have larger hands/fingers and even on the Milestone, hitting the volume rocker with the keyboard out was a chore ... it needs to be easy and comfortable for a true gaming experience (plus the tilt screen is better visible outdoors as sunlight doesn't hit it directly to create the infamous glare)

5) 4 shoulder buttons aren't required ... but man would it be bloody terrific if they were there. I mean, it means so many more ways to interact within games. See this for an example how a 3D dbz game could be implemented nicely if we only had the 2 extra shoulder buttons

6) 512mb for Sony is heaps ... for Android it is not. I mean we will see much more featured Apps on Android and having a larger RAM will make these run much more smoothly especially 3D games. Plus the original PSP launched with internal hardware that was bleeding edge for a couple of years, if the PSPhone only gets 512MB that will never be the case, saddening many fans.

Originally Posted by NvyUs View Post
Sorry, that blog was bollocks. I'm siding with Capt'n Corrupt (may I nickname him CC?)

Last edited by Kangal; 2010-10-28 at 03:10.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kangal For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,524 | Thanked: 2,958 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Delta Quadrant
@kangal

You may!

The Following User Says Thank You to Capt'n Corrupt For This Useful Post:
As usual Sony Leads the way. I bet Nokia will create some butchered rip off with some lame name like Xpressgames. Just like Nokia copied the Walkman phone with there Xpressmusic phones. Nokia will bang there heads on a table and think to themselves why didn't we design the n-gage this way. It just goes to show you while many companies invent products Sony knows how to make them good. Example Samsung was one of the first companies to make UMPCs however they didn't become desirable until Sony made the made Vaio UX. Before the PSP there were several handheld consoles that tried to challenge Nintendo but almost none were successful until Sony released the PSP which has sold 60 million world wide and remains the most popular non Nintendo game console. There weren't any widely successful 32 bit Cd based game consoles until the Playstation came and the PS2 and PS3 continue to keep legacy widely successful. There weren't really great 12mp camera phones until the Satio hit the market. The list goes on. All I can say is, Go Sony!
Sent from my Vaio UX

The Following User Says Thank You to railroadmaster For This Useful Post:

Tags
sony can lick, sweat from my.., thick dick