Active Topics

Posts: 164 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Bucks, UK
I'm in uk on vodafone using global firmware, no update here

The Following User Says Thank You to Jezz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
Originally Posted by qosmio View Post
Your really NOT missing much to tell the truth. If you want it that much !! Just flash to " global ".

Had my N900 since last December and the 1st thing I did was flash to "global" Never had any problems..

Kind Regards Qosmio
The main issue for me is you can't update/install software until you upgrade. Even deb files can be stopped from being installed if there are any dependencies.

Posts: 77 | Thanked: 181 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Winchester, UK
Originally Posted by Jezz View Post
I'm in uk on vodafone using global firmware, no update here
Have you done an update in the Application Manager while connected to wifi?

Posts: 908 | Thanked: 501 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ West Sussex, England
Originally Posted by jonquark View Post
Have you done an update in the Application Manager while connected to wifi?
That will make no difference, the update is NOT released for the UK yet, verified by Nokia. If people in the UK are getting it it's because they're on global from 1.2 and received the OTA update that way.

Originally Posted by richwhite View Post
That will make no difference, the update is NOT released for the UK yet, verified by Nokia. If people in the UK are getting it it's because they're on global from 1.2 and received the OTA update that way.
Rich - the post I was replying to /was/ using the global firmware and hadn't received the update.

I'm aware the UK variant firmware hasn't been released - I said so in the first post in this thread!

How do you find out which firmware version I have?

I swear I had the UK firmware... But I updated to 1.3 yesterday :S

Posts: 164 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Bucks, UK
Your right Jon, i have global 1.2 firmware but no update yet, trying to update via home wifi, only updates showing are for mbarcode but cant update yet due to no pr 1.3, tried rebooting, no luck

Posts: 115 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on May 2010 @ UK, London
Well I had the UK PR1.2 running. I didn't get the update, so I flashed the N900 with the Global PR1.3 firmware.

This might be a bad idea if you have loads of apps installed and stuff, as they will be removed. This wasn't too bad for me, because the N8 is my new phone which I use on a daily basis. The N900 is just a device which I use to learn some programming on (I'm still a student)...

Either way, I don't find any major differences between PR1.2 and PR1.3 .. But, just like all of you, I would love to know the difference between the Global and UK firmware.

The Following User Says Thank You to kevinp93 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by FifthFreedom View Post
How do you find out which firmware version I have?

I swear I had the UK firmware... But I updated to 1.3 yesterday :S
One way is to go into "Settings > About Product"

You'll see a number like:
10.2010.19-1.203.1
(That's UK PR1.2)

It's the 203 that tells you which firmware. 203 is UK generic. 205 is Vodafone specific*. Without the 20x code there - not UK firmware.

* = most people in the UK on Vodafone will be on 203 (like me) only those who bought the phone directly from Vodafone (not Carphone Warehouse, Nokia etc.) seem to have that firmware.

So does anyone know when pr1.3 gonna be available for voda users?
Pr1.2 took fookin ages last time? Also i hear ota not available this time... true or not?