Active Topics

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 738 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Low Earth Orbit
Originally Posted by jaeezzy View Post
My friend got N900 I'll check in his and do everything again making sure the battery is full.
The way I understand it, low battery prevents you from flashing. Since you are able to flash then I doubt low battery is your problem.

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by xweirdow23 View Post
http://thenokiaguide.com/2010/01/11/...sets-all-data/

try this site reset to factory defualt
what a silly advice! the op has done that multiple times....
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
it just crossed my mind that you could have hardware problems. only issue leaving the device to the dots that I have heard is a counter for dirty reboots that blocks the bootup. and that can be overridden by putting device into rd mode.

and yes, the light blinking tells something but don't know what, maybe service would help?
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Posts: 664 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Australia
Thanks again guys for the replies and suggestions.
Now I've made sure the battery is full and going through the process again:
1) Flash PR1.3
2) Without booting flash Vanilla (latest)
3) Then try to boot..

If I'm again stuck with the dots.. I'll flash the device to be in R&D mode and then try to boot again.

After all these, if I still get stuck with the dots while booting, does it confirm that there some terrible problem in my N900's hardware? Thanks.

Posts: 404 | Thanked: 186 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Dehradun,India
Thanks again guys for the replies and suggestions.
Now I've made sure the battery is full and going through the process again:
1) Flash PR1.3
2) Without booting flash Vanilla (latest)
3) Then try to boot..

If I'm again stuck with the dots.. I'll flash the device to be in R&D mode and then try to boot again.

After all these, if I still get stuck with the dots while booting, does it confirm that there some terrible problem in my N900's hardware? Thanks.
this happens with me every time i reflash. For me taking out battery and restarting works.

BTW, is there any custom kernel that supports graphical frame buffer, so that its easier to figure out what went wrong and where than just sit and watch the dots blink and in this case forever? I found one but they were all .deb files which in my case are useless and the links were invalid anyway. Thanks.

EDIT: Also what does the: "no initfs \o/" means which I get while starting the device in R&D mode along with other infos.

Last edited by jaeezzy; 2010-11-21 at 11:14.

Posts: 1,637 | Thanked: 4,424 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ Germany
... Now, when the keyboard is slidedout and the display goes off (though the display is only of the blinking dots), my left side of the keyboard where there are "Ctrl" buttons, the backlight blinks quickly and continuously and the right side keyboard backlight stays lit. Does it mean anything coz it should serve some purpose as its in R&D mode?
R&D mode
Quoted from the wiki:

What R&D mode does

* sudo gainroot in the console can be used, without installing anything extra, to gain a root shell.

* The power button turns on the tablet with a shortpress press as opposed to the longpress normally required.

* N900: The keyboard backlight behind the left and right side of the keyboard flickers in response to system activity.
Nicolai

Originally Posted by nicolai View Post
R&D mode
Quoted from the wiki:

Nicolai
ya exactly. I read the same and was asking if the activity can be identified by the way the backlight blinks

Framebuffer kernel, pr1.3: http://mohammadag.xceleo.org/public/...-fb-omap1-pr13
OC freqs: 0:22,90 125:22,90 250:28,180 500:30,360 550:32,400 600:34,430 700:39,430 750:41,430 805:45,430 850:47,500 900:50,500 950:54,500 1000:58,500 1100:67,520 1150:71,520

The Following User Says Thank You to RobbieThe1st For This Useful Post:
ah! frame buffer isn't revealing anything coz it's getting stuck in the same blinking dots after the msgs are printed and these msgs are hardly readable as they scroll very quickly