Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 100 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ india
quick question
how do i do this as in what code/commands do i type

click on it and configure either the proximity sensor or the camera shutter to trigger the action "Ctrl-shift-r (Enable rotation)

my mistake..... please disregard

The Following User Says Thank You to dhanurdhar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Originally Posted by flipalong View Post
half pressing a button on the side is easier than sliding open ur phone, pressing 3 buttons at once and sliding it again.
But I'd have to slide the keyboard for Ctrl-Backspace.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

Posts: 284 | Thanked: 74 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by bandora View Post
Btw, just wanna point something out.. that you don't need to download anything.. just press CTRL-SHIFT-R and it will do what you said..
Ctrl + shift + r doesnt do anything for me?

I am using the unlock switch on the side to wake it up (im at the desktop) then open the keyboard, hold ctrl + shift + then press r and then shut keyboard again.

Am I missing something?

Posts: 1,918 | Thanked: 3,118 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ My pants
it worked with me, actually i thought Ctrl+Shift+r only works with the browser. BUT is there a way other than having to slide out the keyboard or downloaoding proximityd and shortcutd?

Originally Posted by kaos_king View Post
Ctrl + shift + r doesnt do anything for me?

I am using the unlock switch on the side to wake it up (im at the desktop) then open the keyboard, hold ctrl + shift + then press r and then shut keyboard again.

Am I missing something?
ctrl shift r will work on the following apps.. once u have typed it close the keyboard and rotate the phone to portrait mode

-pictures
-conversations (only in the menu for which u choose which conversation you want to view, not the actual texts/ims
-settings
-contacts
-email
-app manager
-file manager
-notes (but u cant type unless you have a portrait mode keyboard)
-sketch

Posts: 1,210 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ hamburg,germany
if its already integrated in the os,then i don't get why nokia didn't add a "enable rotation"button in the configs.

really
i don't get it

Nobody likes us but we dont care....

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by atilla View Post
if its already integrated in the os,then i don't get why nokia didn't add a "enable rotation"button in the configs.

really
i don't get it
The reason is that it is not a satisfactory implementation. From the developer's point of view, it's better leave out a feature, than include a half-baked one. Far less hassle.

Just imagine how many complaints they would have received if every user could easily set the device to auto-rotation. We'd have even more 'It no wrk, plz hlp??!!' threads.

My website

GitHub

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Originally Posted by atilla View Post

really
i don't get it
Because when they started it was still actively developed, it seemed sure M5 would get full portrait. After it started withering, the code was there to rotate all, but only a few apps had the code to deal with the new layout, so it was left hidden for those who want a certain app that works, or one that is important to them to be portrait.

Once it was wounded, M5 got no more. The only thing that was added, to my knowledge, was MicroB menus in portrait.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

Posts: 179 | Thanked: 86 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Barcelona
Originally Posted by ndi View Post
The only thing that was added, to my knowledge, was MicroB menus in portrait.
Is that right? That was my suggestion xDDD Still, can't get the menus in portrait though...

Regards