Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
Rebooted today because of a buggy alpha-state VPN client. :/
is that one of them hints?

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by Karel Jansens View Post
is that one of them hints?
Nah. This VPN client is highly customized for a specific working environment: mine.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I am never plugged in and neither is my N800. I typically change batteries several times a day, so I go maybe 8 hours without restarting.

Posts: 751 | Thanked: 522 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ East Gowanus
Probably about 4 days ago, I've never really tried to see how long I could go without rebooting though, it would be an interesting test.

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on May 2007 @ Toronto
Whenever I attempt to download files, I tend to do a restart or 2... it's either with filenames with a space or my n800 says it's downloading and then it's not in the file manager when it completes.

In the older version of minimo (haven't tested the new one) sometimes when trying to download a file it would just crash altogether and stop responding/crash if I tried to navigate back to that site again.

Does anyone know if there is a zip application that can be used outside of x-term as in a direct application?

Just in case, for those who don't know: To check your uptime, launch an xterm and enter 'uptime' (without the quotes)

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Originally Posted by TA-t3 View Post
Just in case, for those who don't know: To check your uptime, launch an xterm and enter 'uptime' (without the quotes)
You mean you don't have to write a script that counts seconds and files the result away continuously?

Dang!

You can if you want to!

Posts: 231 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on May 2007 @ Singapore
Mostly everyday? I like to turn it off when i sleep. Also, it seems to drain quite a lot of battery in soft power off mode for me, so i just turn it off when i don't use it.

on a side note, my linksys router (runs a linux firmware) has once been up and running for half a year without a restart.

Last edited by torx; 2007-06-20 at 11:09.

Posts: 1,743 | Thanked: 1,231 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Twickenham, UK
Shoot! It restarted today when I was trying to play a movie (from www.archive.org) with Mplayer it was playing fine at full-screen and decided to go out of full screen mode. It hang there and after a bunch of seconds it restarted.

Anyway it looks that our N800 is pretty stable on his own.