Poll: TMOers, now what?
Poll Options
TMOers, now what?

New user here.
Thinking about buying the N900.
Would it be a good idea? Guess there still will be some community support and stuff?

Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Originally Posted by Swimm12984 View Post
....im absolutely NOT buying the e7 anymore as its OS has an expiration date on it already...
Yes, with that kind of statements they have probably killed the sales of the E7 and the other Symbian^3 devices.

Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Originally Posted by Tukanfan View Post
New user here.
Would it be a good idea? Guess there still will be some community support and stuff?
If you want an open source mobile computer powered with Linux, Xorg and APT... yes.

If you want a cool smartphone... no.

If you have to ask, the answer is probably not.

Posts: 293 | Thanked: 372 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Westside
New user here.
Good idea? YEESS! But only if you are into collecting antiques and philantrophy.

"The Cake Is A Lie"

The Following User Says Thank You to frostbyte For This Useful Post:
Posts: 333 | Thanked: 153 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ blah blah
tmo should build developers base and develop it's own meego or whatever based linux phone os....

...or switch to smoke signals :P

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
New user here.
I think there will still be community support for some time. It's a good idea if you can get one for a decent price. Maybe they will become really cheap. I would wait a few weeks and see how the latest news affects the price. The N900 is a great device. It just goes to show that really screwed up parents can stil raise a good kid.

I'll wait till my N900 get Meego and C6-01 get Symbian^4 upgrade

if they can't bring these to happen, then greetings to Xperia Play. will happily to purchase you along with your little bro NGP

Posts: 81 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on May 2010 @ NewYork
After what Nokia has done...Google is far from being an "Evil Empire"

Posts: 310 | Thanked: 202 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Ireland
Originally Posted by vi_ View Post
A TMO based campain to have the closed parts of maemo opened so we can finally polish the n900...
Definitely vote for this. What harm can it do If they've given up on it. Just got an n8 as an "upgrade" cos they wouldn't fix the usb port, but after using the n8 for a couple of weeks and getting aggressive with nokia they agreed to fix it. Comes back on Monday. Can't wait. Over a year on and nobody can make a phone to match. Anyone wanting to buy a 2 week old n8 pm me. It's really crap though.

I picked up an Orange San Franscisco / ZTE Blade last week when in London. Cost me 90 quid on "pay as you go" for an android device with 3.5" capacitive screen, 600mhz processor etc etc.

With the help of the active user forums I quickly unlocked it, blasted off the orange bloatware and upgraded to vanilla Android 2.2.

http://android.modaco.com/category/4...de-modaco-com/

What was originally meant to be a "90 quid, lets just take a look" purchase has now replaced my n900 as my full time device. I guess with today's announcement, there will be no turning back.

The king is dead, long live the king.