Active Topics

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Honestly I would buy an Intel MeeGo phone. I'm sure intel will bring better support than Nokia and will gives us more apps and games in their intel app store. Intel will reach out to developers and coul possibly make Nokia jump back in the game after seeing some chance of draining money from people's pocket.

Nokia is an evil empire and so is MS. Both are the most Evil in the industry.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to maxximuscool For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Never thought that I'd say this but Nokia can **** off for all I care. I, for one, completely forgot that MeeGo is not owned by Nokia, they were just working with it. There's still e.g. BMW, AMD and Intel working with it and most likely (as mentioned in this thread) the latter one will make a MeeGo-phone.

Sure, we'll lose the Ovi-services but other than that I wouldn't really care. MeeGo seems to be promising so far, even without Nokia backing them up that much anymore.

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Aranel View Post
I don't know which company is going make MeeGo handsets but my guess is they're most likely use the Aava platform. They can buy the mobo from Aava and get a Moorestown CPU with 854x480 Capacitive screen and smartphone features (gps,vibra,wlan,bt..) are also included. I can't guess which brand we will see on our MeeGo handsets but I think it's going to use Aava core.

aava core has no consumer ir no fm transmitter. the likes of the n900 wont be seen for another decade.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to leetnoob For This Useful Post:
Does Ericsson has any plans to release MeeGo phone? They developed U8500 platform.

Originally Posted by rantom View Post
Sure, we'll lose the Ovi-services but other than that I wouldn't really care. MeeGo seems to be promising so far, even without Nokia backing them up that much anymore.
That is something I totaly forgot! Without Ovi maps, wich one would be the gps program? I really liked the feature to send your location with a message that worked with Ovi and Google maps etc!

Originally Posted by lma View Post
Huawei? With MeeGo being a Linux Foundation project, a good hint would be looking at recently-joined members.
Have Huawei recently joined the foundation? Would be great even tho I would never buy a cheap phone but variety is always good!

Originally Posted by droitwichgas View Post
If that does happen[HTC making a handset] it could be a better device than whatever Nokia could have produced?
How would it be better? HTC hardware is great but I feel them a bit plastic and they do not have gorilla glass... If they at least changed the screen material I could agree!

Originally Posted by kolos View Post
Does Ericsson has any plans to release MeeGo phone? They developed U8500 platform.
First Sony Ericsson != Ericsson != ST Ericsson. Second, from what I hear Sony Ericsson is really pleased with Android. And since they are not one of the bigger Android handset maker I would doubt it. Also didnt they recently say that Android is there only OS from here on?

I genuinely can't see why anybody would go with an open system, reason being there simply isn't any money to be made from developing apps for it, it's one of the reasons the N900 failed so much, yes i know hobbyists made a few apps but the UI was always awful.

Originally Posted by Lullen View Post
First Sony Ericsson != Ericsson != ST Ericsson. Second, from what I hear Sony Ericsson is really pleased with Android. And since they are not one of the bigger Android handset maker I would doubt it. Also didnt they recently say that Android is there only OS from here on?
According to wiki Ericsson is 50% owner of ST-Ericsson, also Ericsson owns 50% of Sony-Ericsson. They still release Symbian phones, they announced WP7 phone, so why not also MeeGo?

Originally Posted by kolos View Post
According to wiki Ericsson is 50% owner of ST-Ericsson, also Ericsson owns 50% of Sony-Ericsson. They still release Symbian phones, they announced WP7 phone, so why not also MeeGo?
Ye I know they both are 50% Ericsson, but they are still different companies. So what I mean is that if ST-Ericsson make a platform for meego that probebly have nothing to do with Sony Ericsson.

Guess I was missinformed then, did not know that SE have said that they will use WP7. But that only makes my belief stronger as they probebly wont go for two new OS in such a short time. Still who knows what they are up to?
Regarding symbian: http://mashable.com/2010/09/24/sony-...eaves-symbian/

Originally Posted by Rebeldiamond View Post
I genuinely can't see why anybody would go with an open system, reason being there simply isn't any money to be made from developing apps for it, it's one of the reasons the N900 failed so much, yes i know hobbyists made a few apps but the UI was always awful.
Well Android is open and they havnt failed, have they? A platform can be open without everything(like apps and such) open. Just look on how Nokia would have provided the closed Ovi stuff or just look at Ovi store where you can buy games. But I agree everything cannot be open-source

Last edited by Lullen; 2011-02-12 at 12:58.

On her way to Elop's house, Little Red Riding Hood gets lost in the woods:

Originally Posted by Rebeldiamond View Post

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to daperl For This Useful Post:

Tags
elop is an as*, elop rapes cows, gerbick stop, trolling