Doesn't work on n800, unless I am doing something wrong like leaving out a - or something in creating user.js. Also I am trying to open the java applet in opera.

not working on 770 and causing opera to freeze and second attempt it crashed...

something i did affected it but the 770 don't like it...

any pro's got any feedback or constructive pointers?

Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ UK
Originally Posted by doctoss View Post
Doesn't work on n800, unless I am doing something wrong like leaving out a - or something in creating user.js. Also I am trying to open the java applet in opera.
This is nothing to do with Java applets. This allows you to have a JavaScript file on your tablet which is invoked for every web page you visit.

For example, it could manipulate the DOM to hide adverts, or reformat a site's pages to better fit the screen.

It's the ".opera" folder, not "opera" --- I've only tested this on my n800.

The "alert('victory');" will make it so that every time you finish loading a page, "victory" will be displayed --- simple test to see that it's working

User CSS is the holy grail for me, because I know that can be used to deliver ad blocking services --- User JS will let me port the Opera User CSS adblocking technique, however.

To get an idea of what can be done, go to userscripts.org: the first thing I want to get adapted is the All In One Video Site download link javascript from 1024k.de.

Posts: 696 | Thanked: 1,012 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Asturies, Spain
It can even show Google Docs and Picasa in Opera [1], though it doesn't work completely well.

[1] http://files.myopera.com/xErath/file...le-services.js

Cheers.
Attached Images

Originally Posted by aflegg View Post
This is nothing to do with Java applets. This allows you to have a JavaScript file on your tablet which is invoked for every web page you visit.

For example, it could manipulate the DOM to hide adverts, or reformat a site's pages to better fit the screen.

Thanks for the clarification. I am trying to use the n800 in the hospital to replace laptop or thin client. However for the n800 to work I need to be able to open java applets and the citrix client. I am not sure if the n800 will ever be able to do these, but I am trying.

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 737 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by doctoss View Post
Thanks for the clarification. I am trying to use the n800 in the hospital to replace laptop or thin client. However for the n800 to work I need to be able to open java applets and the citrix client. I am not sure if the n800 will ever be able to do these, but I am trying.
You should be able to get citrix client from here:
http://www.bleb.org/software/770/

If it's not working on your firmware version, just ask Andrew Flegg to recompile. Java applets you cannot open in opera, but naturally, through the citrix client you can open web browser and use the applets there.

I don't know if you can open Java applets, but I know someone (maybe fanoush?) had EWE partially working. It might be worth a look. Anyway, this page talks about Java on the 770: http://web4.cs.ucl.ac.uk/staff/C.Wal...ingblog/?cat=7

That citrix client won't work in anything but OS2005.
Flashing back that far is pretty bad, and you will still have to use an external keyboard with the citrix client.
I used citrix with OS2005, it did work.
The citrix app for Windows Mobile on something like a Axim is alot easier to deal with, the virtual keyboard works on that one.

True Java applets are still waiting for a real Java VM, not quite here yet.
Javascript is not the same as Java.

Anyway, back on topic:

Does this work on the 770? I've done as instructed, but I'm not getting the alert. Perhaps I've missed something?