Active Topics

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Your just not giving enough information, i wish it was my phone it would be so interesting to find out what has happened.
Have you dropped it? has it got wet? is there a Nokia service centre beside you in LA?, you say you have tried to flash it so what images did you use and what was the result you got on screen?.

The phone part has stopped working is just about all you have said so how can anyone even get an idea as to what has gone wrong.

OK what do you want to do with this N900?.

Posts: 156 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Los Angeles
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
Your just not giving enough information, i wish it was my phone it would be so interesting to find out what has happened.
Have you dropped it? has it got wet? is there a Nokia service centre beside you in LA?, you say you have tried to flash it so what images did you use and what was the result you got on screen?.

The phone part has stopped working is just about all you have said so how can anyone even get an idea as to what has gone wrong.

OK what do you want to do with this N900?.
I've dropped it more times then I can count. It hasn't gotten wet. I flashed it following this sites wiki. The things on the screen were right according to videos I've seen. Nothing else is wrong with the phone, just the phone part of it.

AHA now some truth from you, ok so have you taken it to Nokia care? if not yet don't tell them you dropped it and you might well get a replacement, what are you going to do?.

AHA now some truth from you, ok so have you taken it to Nokia care? if not yet don't tell them you dropped it and you might well get a replacement, what are you going to do?.
This didn't start after a drop. It just started randomly. No, I'm not going to take it to Nokia care, I took it to a friend's phone store though. If he can't fix it then I'm going to get a Galaxy S.

Ok if he cannot fix it can you send it to me?, sounds like your not too bothered whatever happens.

Ok if he cannot fix it can you send it to me?, sounds like your not too bothered whatever happens.
No, you can't have it for free.

Posts: 1,425 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hong Kong
I believe you flashed the right ROM, as flashing a ROM of lower version than the existing might disable the telephony function. I've that experience.

I still think Optimus 2X is better. Good luck to you.

Originally Posted by 9000 View Post
I believe you flashed the right ROM, as flashing a ROM of lower version than the existing might disable the telephony function. I've that experience.

Yes that is what i was thinking but the way your putting it is not easy to read, if he has flashed an older version of Fiasco then bingo you get problems.

This is why i asked Garen what versions did he use to flash the device with but he does not seem techy enough to understand nor does he seem to have a full knowledge of the N900.

Gareth we are only trying to help you and no i did not want to keep your device i only wanted to repair it and send it back to you.

You need to look carefully on this community and you will see the many problems people have but having said this it may well be you have finally dislodged something inside so i guess giving it to your mate can really help you.

Originally Posted by 9000 View Post

Thanks for the advice, but I think I'll stick with the galaxy s, the Optimus is nice and stuff but I'm going to be using a lot of memory and the extra 8gb that you get with the samsung sounds nice. Plus it supports more audio/video files. Plus I'm not very techy so the dual core won't even be able to live up to it's hype with me.

Posts: 1,425 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hong Kong
Originally Posted by garen View Post
Thanks for the advice, but I think I'll stick with the galaxy s, the Optimus is nice and stuff but I'm going to be using a lot of memory and the extra 8gb that you get with the samsung sounds nice. Plus it supports more audio/video files. Plus I'm not very techy so the dual core won't even be able to live up to it's hype with me.
They have the same memory size, I think you meant internal storage.