Notices

Posts: 168 | Thanked: 116 times | Joined on Mar 2011 @ Malaysia
Originally Posted by Alfred View Post
The name of it is QT Hotfixes
Ops, I discovered that I have installed them not long ago,, I'm missing something else then.
Thanx a lot mate

Originally Posted by corduroysack View Post
i'm running kasopus and my little artist and have found no problems. they take a little while to start if anything.
That's how it should be. I'm trying now to run them from x-term but I dun know the command used here

Posts: 1,103 | Thanked: 368 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ india, indore
i can help in starting one programe from xterminal just open xterminal and type.....

/home/opt/bin/MyLittleArtist

spell same or best is to copy and paste the command !!! i am noob too so i cannot help further.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nicholes For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by geekgirl74 View Post
Right now I haven't installed kasvopus (but I had earlier), I think it should work with a simple "kasvopus" (without quotes!) typed in on xterm. Don't know about the other two programs.

Btw.: in case you have never used xterm before: you can start it from the application menu.
I'm very familiar with x-term, but I haven't tried running an app from there.
so u mean I just type the app name, as simple as that???

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
Originally Posted by K9999 View Post
what's the command used to run any application from x-term ??
One way of finding out is to look inside the relevant shortcut. These are found in the /usr/share/applications/hildon/ directory.

So for example if I want to see the Bluemaemo shortcut, I would look inside /usr/share/applications/hildon/bluemaemo.desktop using leafpad, or any other editor eg nano, vi etc

The bluemaemo command is bluemaemo run under root.

Originally Posted by nicholes View Post
i can help in starting one programe from xterminal just open xterminal and type.....

/home/opt/bin/MyLittleArtist

spell same or best is to copy and paste the command !!! i am noob too so i cannot help further.
Thanx, I'll try this one now,, seems I removed "My Little Artist", I'm now installing it and see how it goes with this command

Originally Posted by mrsellout View Post
One way of finding out is to look inside the relevant shortcut. These are found in the /usr/share/applications/hildon/ directory.

So for example if I want to see the Bluemaemo shortcut, I would look inside /usr/share/applications/hildon/bluemaemo.desktop using leafpad, or any other editor eg nano, vi etc

The bluemaemo command is bluemaemo run under root.
thanx, Yea I made sure of the directory using FileBox,, now when I typed Bluemaemo in the terminal it says:

libembryo-ver-svn-03.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Now is "libembryo-ver-svn-03.so.0" the package I'm missing??

EDIT: though I couldn't apt-get it from the terminal, says "could not find package"

Last edited by K9999; 2011-04-12 at 18:21.

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 2,087 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Manchester
Originally Posted by K9999 View Post
thanx, Yea I made sure of the directory using FileBox,, now when I typed Bluemaemo in the terminal it says:

libembryo-ver-svn-03.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Now is "libembryo-ver-svn-03.so.0" the package I'm missing??

EDIT: though I couldn't apt-get it from the terminal, says "could not find package"
It appears this error might not be new, but has been exposed by the updates. Check the link here for a possible solution.

The Following User Says Thank You to mrsellout For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mrsellout View Post
It appears this error might not be new, but has been exposed by the updates. Check the link here for a possible solution.

OMG, it worked.!!! Finally Bluemaemo on my N900!!!
Thank u sooooooo much,,

Thanx everyone I also got MyLittleArtist wroking,, the missing package in it was "mcsp" although it wasn't stated while installing.

The Following User Says Thank You to K9999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 539 | Thanked: 518 times | Joined on May 2010 @ nanaurbusiness
Kasvopus also requires Qt 4.7.2 and Qt WebKit 4.7.2 to run.

The Following User Says Thank You to J4ZZ For This Useful Post: