Posts: 228 | Thanked: 100 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Australia
Originally Posted by rocky333 View Post
when you install NITDROID-INSTALLER, installs automatically the multiboot and bzip2...etc

the kernel of android isnt that!
i followed this guide...
http://wiki.maemo.org/Nitdroid_easy_...ean_install.29
Yep, it's what I use normally - from here:
nitdroid-kernel-2.6.28-06_final1_armel.deb

I also use the rc3 version but I find I get random reboots with that so I stick to the generic one.

The Following User Says Thank You to skyjumper For This Useful Post:
i'll try it again with this kernel...

i'm scared of hit any key to panic!!

and brick my phone again...

If ever you can't boot into your phone you can always reflash the kernel only and it will boot for you :-)

The Following User Says Thank You to skyjumper For This Useful Post:
Only reflash the kernel? how? thanks by the way

EDIT: ITS WORKING!! IS THE ****ING KERNEL!!! Thanks my partner!!!!!!!!!!!! yessssssss

[troll mode on]

[/troll mode off]

This older kernel works perfect!

Last edited by rocky333; 2011-05-25 at 02:00.

http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_t...a_FIASCO_image

BUT, be very careful what you do here as you can easily wipe your rootfs and emmc- ie your phone and all personal data.
Read read and reread what you're about to do before you do it.

I apologize now if this is thread stealing, but it's still the same general topic.

I have the same (relatively) issue. I get a kernel panic whenever I boot NITDroid.

I tried .08 (or whatever version that was) and N11 and N12 (at least I think I did).

They all gave me the same thing. It flashed by too quick to see it, but it said something about power_supply module crashing.

Now I've had a weird hardware issue with my phone ever since my other one practically melted from a bad Car charger.

When I charge it up, whether completely charged or still charging, and unplug it, the battery life indicator drops to nothing. At first I had to reboot it or the phone would die after a minute or two. Now it seems after a few minutes (more than 2) the battery will say it's charged, but usually only at 3/4ths of the way or so after a 'full' charge.

Now part of this may be because my original battery was fried along with the phone and only pretends to work properly, or because I have a Chinese Knock off and a third battery; http://www.amazon.com/1350mAh-PG-Pre.../dp/B0037LI9TI

I also bought this stand alone charger; http://www.amazon.com/XpressMusic-N9...sr=1-2-catcorr

This is the only thing I can think of that is causing NITDroid to crash. This isn't so much a "Help help, I can't get NITDroid to work!" but more of a "Wow, this is a weird one! Maybe fixing this bug could improve other things?"

I wish I could get the kernel panic message. I am currently running PR1.3 (the replacement came with PR1.2, but as I said, I had this issue since I got it, and I tried to get Nokia Care to fix it, but they said they couldn't see a problem with it... which makes me think maybe it's (all three?) of my batteries!

Let me know what you guys think... probably should put this in a new thread... let me know what you think about that too.

slaapliedje

Edit, yes, I have flashed my Kernel, though it has been a while, tried it when I first had these issues. If all it took was to buy a new battery (or more) and a different charger, then I'd do it in a heartbeat. The phone is now out of warranty, and I've just been waiting for that damned new device!

Yep, I would make a new thread for it.

Originally Posted by rocky333 View Post
Only reflash the kernel? how? thanks by the way

Just setup just like flashing for real, just add to the command string. It should look like this:

sudo flasher-3.5 -F RX-51_2009SE_20.2010.36-2_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin --flash-only=kernel -f -R

It will just flash in the kernel and reboot using it, not touching anything else.

I need to find out what i have done wrong when i installed the nitroid 0.0.9, i have completed all the steps but when i try boot the andriod software it comes up with >root filesystem item_ device:mmcblk0p2, not availible guru meditation 00000025 .62017712??Panic
What should i do?

BusyBox v1.10.2 (Debian 3:1.10.2.legal-1osso30+0m5) built-in shell (ash)
Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

~ $ sudo gainroot
Root shell enabled

BusyBox v1.10.2 (Debian 3:1.10.2.legal-1osso30+0m5) built-in shell (ash)
Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

/home/user # cd MyDocs
/home/user/MyDocs # dpkg -i /home/user/MyDocs/nitdroid-kernel-2.6.28-07_rc3_armel.deb
(Reading database ... 36726 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking nitdroid-kernel-2.6.28-07 (from .../nitdroid-kernel-2.6.28-07_rc3_armel.deb) ...
dpkg-deb: subprocess paste killed by signal (Broken pipe)
dpkg: error processing /home/user/MyDocs/nitdroid-kernel-2.6.28-07_rc3_armel.deb (--install):
subprocess dpkg-deb --fsys-tarfile returned error exit status 2
Errors were encountered while processing:
/home/user/MyDocs/nitdroid-kernel-2.6.28-07_rc3_armel.deb
/home/user/MyDocs #