Active Topics

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by tkatchev View Post
Protip: "these hip reporters" like what they're being paid to like.

Harsh, but this is a reality of how the world works.

They'll like a gold-plated turd if it came with a check from Microsoft.
Yes and no. Yes, there are those. No, there are still many that aren't necessarily ready to break their integrity for money or gifts. What I think happens sometimes with tech journalists is that they prefer to root for everyone and decide to do away with any critical thinking in their reporting. In all honesty, I'm far more likely to believe that that's the case, based on the way they talk. It annoys me when they make innaccurate statements or conveniently forget to do any research (or maybe they don't have a genuine interest in tech) and didn't realize how much better something could/should be or forget that something had already been done before. (ala Microsoft claiming to invent filesystem hard links in a patent, or that Apple DID try to get into the gaming market (remember the Apple Pippin?) WAY before Microsoft, and so on and so on).

Irksome. Just... irksome. Seems less about money and integrity and more a lack of journalists bothering to do some research or a lack of experience.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 279 | Thanked: 231 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Holland
Thread is in the wrong section.

I can't see how this is actually competitive?

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to blipnl For This Useful Post:
Microsoft are so competitive they KOed Meego before it got into the boxing ring.

Competitive enough for you ?

Originally Posted by blipnl View Post
Thread is in the wrong section.

I can't see how this is actually competitive?

The Following User Says Thank You to Frappacino For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by Frappacino View Post
Microsoft are so competitive they KOed Meego before it got into the boxing ring.

To quote GLaDOS, "That would be funny, if it weren't so sad."
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to danramos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 302 | Thanked: 193 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ England
They named it after my bus pass? Sounds about as interesting.

Posts: 1,425 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hong Kong
Originally Posted by Frappacino View Post

All we saw inside the boxing ring is a 500 pounds fat giant throwing money to a step father for killing an unborn infant inside a pregnant woman, which the step father merrily took the money and did what he paid for.

Yes, in real world we call this a legal competitive strategy. You're right.

The Following User Says Thank You to 9000 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 155 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Dublin
In fairness it looks like they have some nice features.. IF the N9 or whatever it's called doesn't meet expectations i'll have no hesitation in jumping.

I'm more interested in WP than Android.. or iOS for that matter

Posts: 201 | Thanked: 63 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ india
this is the first nokia windows phone.confirmed

Banned | Posts: 778 | Thanked: 337 times | Joined on Jun 2010
In other news, in an epic comeback, Nokia proved they had bigger Packages and named their upcoming OS as "Banana".

Posts: 3,524 | Thanked: 2,958 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Delta Quadrant
The Win 7 UI is actually very nice (IMO) -- arguably one of the nicest. It doesn't look like much in screenshots, but it has a definite quality to it. I can't really comment on the quality of apps or other aspects of the system, but the UI is quite slick.

It is, however, a bit boring to use for extended periods as it seems quite consistent across apps (again, I have limited experience). It's like seeing the same thing over and over again.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Capt'n Corrupt For This Useful Post:

Tags
goodbye nokia, im gonnae hurl, microsuck, rotten fruit, winblows