Notices

Posts: 605 | Thanked: 1,778 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by cloud596 View Post
one suggestion though. can u make it using qml as well. it will be nice for background and colorfully. but i know it hook the cpu.
There's already a QML version for N9/Harmattan but it's not that colorful

The problem with Maemo5 and QML is the lack of components. I have to do everything myself from scratch and I completely suck in UI design

What do people generally do when they do QML for Maemo5 ?

Originally Posted by ayazpak View Post
Is it possible to to provide translation in Urdu or English languages?
Originally Posted by bzbnd View Post
Thanks for your great work. any plan for adding translations?
I'm planning to implement translations but I need to figure out how to fit them into the small area available on the screen. What do you guys think ?

Moderator | Posts: 3,717 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by MSameer View Post
I'm planning to implement translations but I need to figure out how to fit them into the small area available on the screen. What do you guys think ?
Hmmm... maybe Swipe left or right for translations?

Swiping is possible but it makes you switch all the time between the "2 pages" in order to read the original text and the translation.

I have a couple of ideas in mind:
1) Have the complete text in either Arabic or English or Urdu or ...
2) Have the Arabic text and the Translation below it.

However, I'd appreciate more opinions before implementing either.

The Following User Says Thank You to MSameer For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,717 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Swiping is possible but it makes you switch all the time between the "2 pages" in order to read the original text and the translation.

How about having the option how you like to have the translations?

There is a Quran app (Noor) for the N900 where you can have the translation below. (But it's not polished)

I rather have to swipe between the translation and real Arabic. So if I want to know what there is written in Arabic, I can quickly look up, then swipe back to read the holy Quran further

About the whole Quran in 1 place (in another language)
You can also check this site out: www.selam.org
You can pick a language on the top of the site to download a .chm file (a help file) which can be opened with the chm viewer on the N900

(Windows users: right click on the downloaded files, click on properties and click on "unblock file" (or something like that) to be able to check the file on your windows!)

Last edited by HtheB; 2011-08-06 at 23:12.

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
qt-components is already available in -devel.

If you're using Harmattan's specific components which need QtQuick 1.1, you may want to wait for the next CSSU update (Qt 4.7.4 incoming! (better testing this time))

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 31 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Qatar | http://pininthemap.com/maemo
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
How about having the option how you like to have the translations?

There is a Quran app (Noor) for the N900 where you can have the translation below. (But it's not polished)

I rather have to swipe between the translation and real Arabic. So if I want to know what there is written in Arabic, I can quickly look up, then swipe back to read the holy Quran further
Yes, swipe functionality will be extremely useful, if there is support for multiple translations. As in: three loopable screen views: [1] real Arabic [2] English translation [3] translation in native language..

Currently in noor, I have to edit the 'translation file path' in the config file & restart the app to switch between english & native language.

The problem with swipe is it could be used later to implement switching between pages (Currently it's done using the buttons down there). Reserving it for the translations means that it cannot be used for page switching anymore.

@MohammadAG I cannot use the qt components for Fremantle for a few reasons:
1) They look different. They don't have the same look and feel as the other applications.
2) They need an updated Qt and that needs CSSU. I personally don't yet use CSSU.
3) You guys are doing a great job with CSSU but a lot of people aren't even aware of it and having to depend on it means a lot of people will not be able to install the application

The Following User Says Thank You to MSameer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 101 | Thanked: 149 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ United Arab Emirates

I think 2nd option is best.

Posts: 31 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Qatar | http://pininthemap.com/maemo
The problem with swipe is it could be used later to implement switching between pages
well, in that case kindly consider retaining those buttons for (2nd option) translations

The problem with swipe is it could be used later to implement switching between pages (Currently it's done using the buttons down there). Reserving it for the translations means that it cannot be used for page switching anymore.
How about swiping from the bottom of the page for translation, and from the middle to switch from pages?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:

Tags
religulous