Poll: Do you own both an N9 and an N900, and if so, how do you use them>
Poll Options
Do you own both an N9 and an N900, and if so, how do you use them>

I have an N900 and I use it for almost everything I could throw it into and into it. Including work - I work at a retail store selling computer parts and I'm handling the speaker sections, so naturally I'd be using the N900 as a jukebox for the shop.

To be honest, since the N950 is probably the last device with a sliding QWERTY keyboard that I'd love to see from Nokia (pre-LOLWP7) I'd like to have it way more than an N9, too bad it's developers-only. But if the way Nokia's headed dictates that I shall never have that QWERTY beauty, I guess I might have to settle for the N9...

Posts: 119 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rotterdam, port to Europe !
My N900 is my back-up phone, I carry the N9 with me 24/7
The both have the same telnumber (twin SIMcard).
My N95 now has an afterpay card and is used by my son when he is in the country.

Posts: 185 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Veitshöchheim, Germany
Own both N9 and N900, but only use N9 now

because i accidently throw my N900 in the sea near thailand. which is the reason why i bought the N9.

may my N900 rest in peace

ps: even though it was broken, i still carried my N900 for another 2 weeks with me.. just because i couldnt just put it away. Now its at home on my table. I think i wont throw it away...

Posts: 147 | Thanked: 228 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Toronto, Canada
I sold my N900 a while back because its 3G bands were incompatible with Fido in Canada. I was wasting my 6Gb data plan. After a disappointing series of Android phones, I just got a 64Gb N9 yesterday. Love it so far.

Posts: 252 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Denmark
Well I still use my beloved N900. No plans to get the N9 because the lack of qwerty keyboard.

If the N950 would be released to the public I would buy it.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Own both, carry none with me?

have two N900s, carry one as my primary phone with me, obviously
until i got the 2nd N900 last summer, i occasionally used my N95 as backup.
haven't needed a backup anymore since then, 'cuz i "brick" the spare
but even that happens far less then it used to in the 1st year i had the N900

if by the end of the summer Flop hasn't been kicked out yet, i may get a N9 with my contract renewal, assuming it will be the last worthwhile NOKIA ever :'(

if Flop gets what he should have gotten already long ago, i may wait either for a N960, a N950 remake with Maemo 7(?), or even if there is no rumor about any new Maemo device, just going on with the N900 and see what comes...

got a N8 as replacement for a USB defective N900 & simply dislike the idea of touch screen only, even more so without camera button
in fact, whenever i have the idea i may take pictures i usually take the N8 with me, just as a camera
of course, for unexpected shots, i simply uncover the lens & start shooting with the N900 ¦-))))

long live the N900...
(voted Own just N900; no plans to get an N9)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to misterc For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by LouisDK View Post
If the N950 would be released to the public I would buy it.
+1! I would definitely get an N950 if they were available...

Originally Posted by noetus View Post
And if you do own both, do you still use both, and still carry both with you when you go out?
The N9 is a much nicer consumer device, making it a very nice phone. The N900 is much more geek-friendly, especially with the keyboard.

I use my N9 as a phone, and my N900 as a pocket computer (eg: OpenVPN + VNC = access and control of our corporate network, since I'm the network support guy).

I also use the N900 for streaming internet radio (di.fm) to my car's FM radio.

It's a shame that Nokia will drop Linux, just as they achieved their goal via the N9...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Msquared For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 1,292 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Tartus.Syria
hi can we install maemo 5 on nokia n9 or n950?in the future maybe?