Posts: 424 | Thanked: 196 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
NFC . I asked your question on #maemo a week or so ago and joerg_rw advised to ignore what hal reports and even if it says it is 85% charged, the truth(according to him) is that it is 100% charged. I know it is irritating to have 7 bars left 20 minutes after you disconnect the charger, but it seems that is how BME works.

Maybe we should push harder and finally get rid of that piece of crap (BME I mean)

https://gitorious.org/hald-addon-bme/hald-addon-bme
https://gitorious.org/libbmeipc/libbmeipc

True. I'll leave it be for now.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by magick777 View Post

Popular wisdom is that the Scud batteries from Lucia Lui are about the best available, they're quoted as 1445mAh and this is realistic, they've been measured at 1400-1500mAh by multiple users. Mine measured in at ~1430mAh when I got it (according to bq27200) and reports at ~1350mAh now, on the same device, after nine months of use.

Hopefully your BL-5J comes good after a few charge cycles, but if not - try a Scud.
But do you know that the Scuds have recently become unavailable? I'm for ignoring the 85% reading unless it is proven accurate.

Originally Posted by geneven View Post
But do you know that the Scuds have recently become unavailable? I'm for ignoring the 85% reading unless it is proven accurate.
I didn't know that... apologies for the out of date recommendation. I'll await the verdict on these new Nokia batteries...

Originally Posted by magick777 View Post
I didn't know that... apologies for the out of date recommendation. I'll await the verdict on these new Nokia batteries...
I will report back in a week or two

Ok, my experience sofar.
Lets put it this way, I experience no better battery life after using the new battery for a few weeks.

I have been looking at bq27x00.
But I dont realy get it.
How do I switch to using bq27x00 instead of BME.
And anything I should keep in mind when using bq27x00 instead of BME?

When I have bq27x00 in place I will lookin to do a calibration.

Last edited by toxaris; 2012-05-28 at 16:10.

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by toxaris View Post
Ok, my experience sofar.
Lets put it this way, I experience no better battery life after using the new battery for a few weeks.

I have been looking at bq27x00.
But I dont realy get it.
How do I switch to using bq27x00 instead of BME.
And anything I should keep in mind when using bq27x00 instead of BME?

When I have bq27x00 in place I will lookin to do a calibration.
You will have to wait until a full BME replacement is done. Things are moving, but don't hold your breath, it will take some time

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
You will have to wait until a full BME replacement is done. Things are moving, but don't hold your breath, it will take some time
Ok, thx.
I settle my eager

Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
Code:
battery.voltage.current = 4152  (0x1038)  (int)
This is about 95% battery capacity (REAL Capacity), so your battery is almost fully charged.

EDIT: Your not going to reach 100% unless you have some charging system that will take you battery to 4230 mv, but don't sweat it, you will not feel it anyway, at most you will get 10-minutes more in standby.

I have a "graph" based on my discharge test, here you can see what % your battery is at.

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p=912210&postcount=2

Last edited by dr_frost_dk; 2012-05-28 at 16:32.

The Following User Says Thank You to dr_frost_dk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
@dr_frost_dk - I am the last to question your expertise , but are you sure those 50 mV to 4200 are not that 100 mAh we are talking about?

EDIT:
And there is some really irritating effect: about 20-30 minutes after charger is disconnected, battery meter (stock) drops to 7 bars.

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

Last edited by freemangordon; 2012-05-28 at 16:44.

Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
Well it is actually 80mv (4.23V) and yes that actually coresponds to about 100mA, but unless you have your N900 in standby with almoust nothing running (WiFi, BT etc) then you rarely get the last drops from the battery anyway, that's why i say you won't feel/get the last runtime.

Again only way is to charge your battery's to 4.23V manually or hack the charging system to allow 4.23V, but a word of caution here go over 4.25V (only 20mv here so very easy to do) then your battery will be damaged, do this few times and you might aswell go and buy a new battery.

EDIT: battery meter is not accurate unless you do all those steps to calibrate (i haven't tried it), and that's why i made my battery meter that is in my battery thread, i got tired of looking at those wrong % readings and such

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dr_frost_dk For This Useful Post: