Active Topics

Community Council | Posts: 664 | Thanked: 1,648 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Hamburg
Choosing Maemo/Meego is a matter of conviction for many users. I would never use android or iOS - what's left then?
If your friends still don't understand why your phone is better and more practical then theirs... well, that might be a different aspect. But if that's what's most important to you I fear you're lost.
Current Maemo Community Council member

The Following User Says Thank You to Win7Mac For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
youre too ordinary, face it, this is the truth, live with it or leave it, all i need is there(in my n9), every person has different purpose and willing, so n9 is not for everybody, in fact i hate of lacking of app, but its okay, i still have swype, terminal, and maemo inside, and the best community too, thats the bonus for me,

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ibrakalifa For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by derch View Post
Really, why did you buy this phone? Do research and don't post an ignorant thread in a forum.
According to many people here, if he did his research here, the promise of many ported apps, updates from Nokia for years and other items would have been found here.

Guess what. It still hasn't happened. Stating that somebody is ignorant for a purchase based on those aforementioned promises and ideals is ignorance in itself. You'd have to be blind to not have seen those statements here. There's scores of links of "it's coming soon" or "Nokia said this..." and "Elop sucks, Harmattan forever because Program X and Program Y will be ported later in the year..."

It still hasn't happened and the people that followed that kind of hype aren't ignorant. They were misled.

Posting a rant because somebody doesn't share the same enthusiasm or point of view as your beloved my precioussssss... Nokia N9, then why don't you take the time to see it from their perspective. Show them how they were misled or honestly... they shouldn't have embraced Harmattan because all signs pointed to it was not a product that was going to get supported fully; not even by this community.

Sorry for being a dick but sometimes you have to look in the mirror.
You're not truly sorry. Let's just keep it honest man. You wanted to be a dick, you ranted like a dick, and ultimately you don't care what I or anybody else says... you got out your statement and there's nothing that can be done about it.

Nothing like... answering a fellow TMO'er and stating that there are things going on still behind the scenes that might bring a close of the app envy on most other operating systems or how this community is a gathering of fellow-minded folks that share the pain and the joys of being a community surrounding a device and an OS that will gladly and hopefully grow in terms of what we may enjoy much like how the N900 is still enjoying ports, new apps and other functions that extend the life of that platform.

Be a dick. Or be helpful. Your choice.

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
if dont like it, leave it, simple and easy,

just saying,

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by ibrakalifa View Post
if dont like it, leave it, simple and easy,

just saying,
There's no need to contribute to each and every thread that you don't agree with, simple and easy.

Just saying.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Dont take it personally, just saying,

you are not the only one, huhuuu

Posts: 1,161 | Thanked: 1,707 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Denmark
The N9 got marketed as the next flagship from Nokia here in Denmark. They didn't mention anything about this new amazing platform from Nokia was an abandon platform and missing apps, that would probably never come. There was even a lot of hype around alien dalvik around the release from various Danish mobile sites that would open up a even bigger option for apps on the N9 before the new platform picked up.
People was mislead in Denmark regarding the N9 and it's future.
The N9 might amaze people when shown of, but it wont suite the needs of the average person cause they use their phone for social stuff the N9 can't compete with no matter how much it can do real multitasking or mods to your lp screen or make small useful scripts executed with xterm.
Different needs as you put it, so let people have them and state them without having to meet this fanboyism every time they are dissatisfied with the N9.

Regards Dousan...

My Søciety6:
http://society6.com/Dousan

Last edited by Dousan; 2012-06-03 at 08:11.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dousan For This Useful Post:

The Following User Says Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Dousan View Post
The N9 got marketed as the next flagship from Nokia here in Denmark. They didn't mention anything about this new amazing platform from Nokia was an abandon platform and missing apps, that would probably never come. There was even a lot of hype around alien dalvik around the release from various Danish mobile sites that would open up a even bigger option for apps on the N9 before the new platform picked up.
People was mislead in Denmark regarding the N9 and it's future.
The N9 might amaze people when shown of, but it wont suite the needs of the average person cause they use their phone for social stuff the N9 can't compete with no matter how much it can do real multitasking or mods to your lp screen or make small useful scripts executed with xterm.
Different needs as you put it, so let people have them and state them without having to meet this fanboyism every time they are dissatisfied with the N9.

Regards Dousan...
Maybe for you, and that's fair enough, you're entitled to have your own opinion. But the N9, for me, can do a lot more than say the Lumia range of phones can do - and they're supposed to be the flagship devices.

Social media integration is excellent for my needs, and pretty much all the apps i need are available, so, i am one very satisfied customer

The Following User Says Thank You to Dared For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
this is the umpteenth time such a thread has been started and erupted into a feature comparison war....

for heaven's sake if you're not happy with the n9 get rid of it and mention it in threads that exist instead of starting new ones. those whining of the lack of whatever or how it was marketed in their country even though they are old members of this forum and knew exactly the situation with the n9 pls avoid such discussion.

this forum will have more fanboys than haters both of which the general populace disapproves of but these kind of threads usually end up in those two having a flame war. for the general populace we know what is the situation with the n9 and it gets frustrating seeing more of the same old same old.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:

Tags
disappointment, lack of apps, specc=ericsson, tizen is savior