Active Topics

Posts: 426 | Thanked: 374 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Middle East
Originally Posted by Copernicus View Post
Let me give a bit of a counter-point. On the Pierogi thread, I want people to go ahead and ask their questions at the moment they have them. Even if the question has been asked before! As you say yourself,

I like to consider myself a "skilled friend". And, I mean, what's the point of having a forum in the first place? Creating barriers that keep newbies from ever dipping their toes in and asking that first question is not a way to keep this community alive...
sure, by all means. This was mostly directed towards huge threads which have REPEATED posts of "i installed bt its nt working on my fone........ plzz... help.. here's my no/email/teddy bear"

^ and you see the number of posts by these people is just that.. 1. There are moderators on the forum for a purpose.. If you allow anyone to say anything, it'll be bad, to say the least.

other forums have proper discussions and stuff.. not because people talk whatever they want, but because they aren't discussing an unsupported platform which the "open source" community is trying to keep alive.

a warez forum is different than this one; when there is actual development and discussion going on, the last thing hard working devs need is people whining about how their work isn't what they wanted.

if newbies have any questions about how the app is made or how to contribute or just anything that is not complaining, then go ahead. That's what forums are for.

Portfolio: AKstudios : : graphics with attitude.
Flickr: AKstudios
Twitter: @flopjoke

The Following User Says Thank You to flopjoke For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,986 | Thanked: 7,698 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Dayton, Ohio
Originally Posted by flopjoke View Post
This was mostly directed towards huge threads which have REPEATED posts of "i installed bt its nt working on my fone........ plzz... help.. here's my no/email/teddy bear"

^ and you see the number of posts by these people is just that.. 1. There are moderators on the forum for a purpose.. If you allow anyone to say anything, it'll be bad, to say the least.
Certainly, there are always going to be people who gum up the works with junk posts. But my suspicion is that these people aren't likely to read or follow a list of rules to begin with. But if someone is frustrated with my app, I want them to go ahead and post that first "I'm frustrated with your app!!!" message, even if it contains no other information. With luck, I'll eventually be able to get enough information from the user to help improve my program...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Copernicus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 426 | Thanked: 374 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Middle East
Yup!

I guess since we're all humans (most of us anyway.. I have a suspicion that dumpystig is a bot :P).. We need reminders about how to behave with others. The post in general can be useful in other real life situations as well.

Portfolio: AKstudios : : graphics with attitude.
Flickr: AKstudios
Twitter: @flopjoke

The Following User Says Thank You to flopjoke For This Useful Post:
Posts: 59 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ / Puerto Rico/ Arecibo
glad to c someone mature enough to just explain and help this place

Honestly Ithank you all and I have been self sufficient in doing things successfully and making things I want work! Do not get y some people cannot follow instructions....!

About eneitten usr XD

Operating System
Maemo4 (Penguin SMASHING windows lmbo]
Mobile Phone
it doesnt matter i still gotta wait to get a nokia what else...,,,,waiting..,,,,,,
Handhelds
15 months N810 all day everyyyyyy day thats it!!: g eek:

Posts: 59 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ / Puerto Rico/ Arecibo
I agree...just post whatever related honestly y'all Imean this is a"dead" end so if Adonis no one is here actively why be hard on new folks is like a empty business *****ing of no customers... But hey management don't run of the new walk-ins then

Much love

Ns

About eneitten usr XD

Operating System
Maemo4 (Penguin SMASHING windows lmbo]
Mobile Phone
it doesnt matter i still gotta wait to get a nokia what else...,,,,waiting..,,,,,,
Handhelds
15 months N810 all day everyyyyyy day thats it!!: g eek:

The Following User Says Thank You to eneitten usr XD For This Useful Post: