Active Topics

Notices

Poll: You want XFCE?
Poll Options
You want XFCE?

Ah, I expect it to perform very well, actually.

I have KDE running on my 770. Yes, and smooth too. So... if KDE runs well enough for me to use, I am expecting XFCE to be even better. You should try Penguin's KDE, though. It's awesome.

Eh, I just think it is a load more usable than hildon and that people who love to experiment with their devices will enjoy this little port.

UPDATE: Cairo, Pango, Glib2, GTK2, all compiled Redoing all the XFCE libraries now.

I'd rather have a more configurable window manager than the Hildon thing right now.
ALl that wasted space on the left and top aggravates me to no end.
Keep on keepin' on with XFCE and if it's compatible with Hildonized apps then I'll probably switch over.

WOO!

Ok! XFCE is completely compiled along with the latest GTK2 and various other libraries... Now... I just need to create a stopmaemo script

I'd love to have people test the damned thing, so if anyone wants the tarball for alpha testing, post here!

would like to try it.

Slap that sucker online somewhere and I'll test it out.
I've got a spare 2GB SD card around here somewhere I can repartition/reformat for use.
But include some idiot-proof instructions as well.

BTW, I want my setup to mimic the one below...

Last edited by iball; 2007-08-23 at 01:43.

^^

Ok! When I get home, I am hoping that the tarball will be done compressing... I have no idea if my homemade scripts will work...

****!

Major setback -_-

I got home and it was done compressing... The tarball was 3 gigs... Wth? Eh, I'm workin' on it... I think it did some weird symlink inclusion thing... I don't know... I'll get it soon! Sorry bout that ^^''''