Active Topics

@wikiwide : deb > 2.5MB.
Dropbox link :
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3kmbulztko...armel.deb?dl=0

if you are not able to authenticate at first, then go to configuration and edit the account. ( that is place where the problem existed & still exists at many places ) Enter username & password there && go to file -> rebuild folder treee.. and it seems usable, with a few crashes at first.

Last edited by insanelysexy; 2014-12-31 at 18:12.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to insanelysexy For This Useful Post:
http://sylpheed.sraoss.jp/en/download.html
<- Link to Sylpheed homepage.

file for ui of ' configuration-> edit_acocount-> edit -> Basic/rec/send ' ..
is something like pref_accounts.c;

( did lots of hit &try on this to get all the feilds in one screen, just for login thing. )

there are a few menus ( like common prefrences ) which are overflowing the screen, i think they can be done with GtkScrollWindow, I was unable to put it to use bcz of lack of knowledge..

Last edited by insanelysexy; 2014-12-31 at 18:11.

One more thing : Not optified.. takes ~4Mb in rootfs , uncompressed size 7MB

Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Originally Posted by insanelysexy View Post
@wikiwide : i am attaching the files. after lots of ( ~12 )hit and try with hbox, vbox and scrolled window, i managed to get the things in ne window. it will really be helpful if you could write tutorial for attaching scrolled windows in gtk.. that is one solution to every out of screen problem ??
Not sure if it's of any relevance, but: Navigation: this widget is very similar to GTK+ scrolled windows..

Make list of apps on Maemo 5 which already solve this problem (fit-the-window) in graceful way, check which of them are in GTK+ (not Qt, or something), and look up their source code?

Best wishes. I will try to look at the deb-code today or tomorrow, but: I don't have a dropbox account. Not sure whether dropbox link will work.

Thank you. Happy New Year!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
@wikiwide : thanks Hildon wil do for n900

Thats hard, How do i know which apps are ported ??

Thank You. If you find it usable, then please make it available for others.

Happy New Year to You && this Community !

And one more thing, sylpheed is wihtout desktop icon .

Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
And one more thing, sylpheed is wihtout desktop icon .
Quick reply...

Desktop icon is easy to do, no problem.
Will try to have a beta-look at the deb soon. Thank you!

Best wishes. Happy New Year!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Per aspera ad astra...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Thats hard, How do i know which apps are ported ??
Quick reply...

Dependencies. If an app depends on *qt*, then the app is written in Qt, most likely. If an app depends on *gtk*, it's written in GTK. If an app depends on *hildon*, it's (most likely) written in GTK with Hildon flavor.

Just from appearance, it's difficult to distinguish Qt and GTK. Closed-source calendar-ui was written in GTK-Hildon (right?), yet its open-source replacement Qalendar is written in Qt (right?).

Best wishes.

The Following User Says Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
@wikiwide : thanks i know about icon, was just informing, if someone doesnot find icon after installing.

btw, trying to buld : surf, netsurf & kazahakase for n900.Latest versions of them require glib >2.2 & gtk >2.14. Is it possible to compile gtk > 2.14 for n900 ( while going through glib >2.2 thread, i came across the terms : maemo patches & debianization and i have no idea what they are ) ??

gtk ./configure & make dont give any error but make dist gives errors ( for2.14.7 ) . if i am doing something wrong, please correct me. i need 'gtk_widget_get_allocation', which was available till 2.13.7. not in our gtk 2.14.7

Quick reply...

1. About desktop file: it has to be in /usr/share/applications/hildon/, not /usr/share/applications/

Modify the path in Makefile.am, if I understand it correctly.

2. About Menus: Files->Exit is not needed, when there is "X" in the top right corner?

3. About View->Toolbar: icons should take up less space. Remove Text from them, in default settings? And somehow remove the spacing, because it seems that there is too much spacing between icons, even when text-labels are off.

4. Why doesn't it ever go to Portrait, however much I ask it to?

Whatever modifications you make for Maemo-friendliness, write them down in detail. As patches, or something. So that when somebody ports sylpheed 3.6 or 3.7 or something to Maemo, they already know what to do, and how.

Best wishes. Thank you.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post: