Active Topics

Originally Posted by nax3000 View Post
Oh man.. For some reason I can't access the themes menu after the update. I can't change themes! Anyone knows what I can to do about this?
Just bumping this hoping for an answer
________
BUY CHEAP VAPORIZER

Last edited by nax3000; 2011-03-18 at 12:33.

Posts: 1,217 | Thanked: 446 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bedfordshire, UK
Originally Posted by nax3000 View Post
Just bumping this hoping for an answer
I know this ois going to sounds lame (I had to check mine just to be sure) but have you tried a shutdown, pull the battery and then restart? Solved a few issues for me in the past.

Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
You need to use X Terminal application. From desktop, use menu button, choose More... then X Terminal.

Thanks mate. Just found that typing: sudo gainroot in the x-terminal app allows me to enter these commands.

Rootsh now refreshed and temp apps removed.

How cool is it to get great help with out having to call a bored tech support guy?!

The Following User Says Thank You to jts123 For This Useful Post:
Hold Ctrl+Shift+P and the image will be saved to the images flder on your device.

I get the sinking feeling a child would have known this?

But HUGE thanks again for your input.

I know this ois going to sounds lame (I had to check mine just to be sure) but have you tried a shutdown, pull the battery and then restart? Solved a few issues for me in the past.
I have tried shutting down but I didn't pull the battery. I'm going to try this. Is there a way to set a theme from the xterm?

edit - nope didn't work
________
AMATEUR TUBE

Last edited by nax3000; 2011-03-18 at 12:33.

Posts: 173 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by cpm View Post
I had problems updating (it told me I had to do it via the PC suite). I fixed it by removing the "libgles1-sgx-img" package, then I could upgrade over-the-air.
For what it's worth this worked for me. This package/library seems only needed by quake3, worryingly the latest thread on q3a, says the latest update is slower and buggy. But it was barely playable anyway

Oddly apt wasn't saying this was a clash of anything and it didn't do anything significant to my free root space.

Anyway, thanks I really don't like the idea of a desktop reflash. The only PC I have comfy access to is my work Linux workstation.

Last edited by damion; 2010-03-20 at 11:37. Reason: minor tidying

Originally Posted by damion View Post
Oddly apt wasn't saying this was a clash of anything
Same for me. I only worked it out because people were referring to openarena as being a problem. I'd installed it via dpkg rather than apt, so the dependencies weren't tracked and automatically removed when I uninstalled openarena.

Posts: 474 | Thanked: 283 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Oxford, UK
Corporate support for the device, most of the operators check that the device works to their own internal standards - all about due dilligence.
I don't have an operator-managed phone - Mine's from the Nokia shop.

But I still receved the firmware update yesterday.

Posts: 474 | Thanked: 283 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Oxford, UK
Originally Posted by DJRedline View Post
there is no branding at all on the n900 by vodafone (probably one of their best decisions)
I'm not sure if it has branding on Vodafone or not:
https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=7896#c8

It certainly has a carrier variant firmware.

Posts: 130 | Thanked: 48 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hampshire, UK
still nothing for us on the 205 variant yet.