Active Topics

I'd like to see Tinyfugue on the n9.

Originally Posted by toki View Post
dont know if it was a community app.. but id like to see Transmission on the N9
+1 !. Used Transmission and QTrapids on my old N900 all the time!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wormdrummer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 173 | Thanked: 200 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
Originally Posted by wormdrummer View Post
+1 !. Used Transmission and QTrapids on my old N900 all the time!
Yeah, Transmission

The Following User Says Thank You to Guffaw For This Useful Post:
blue maemo
kmplayer
god speed

The Following User Says Thank You to rafpac For This Useful Post:
I would like to see the following ported to N9.

freofice/Koffice
HiveMind
Mappero
mBarcode
mediabox with (youtube + shoutcast)
Mplayer
MstarDict
Orrey and/or Stellarium
Pidgin
Portabase
Presence VNC
Transmission
modrana
Password Safe
StockThis
Evernote
DropN900
maeFlight

Thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to t1nym3 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
alarmed
catorise plus
profilesX
custom operator name
phone speaker switcher

bout it for me!

The Following User Says Thank You to F2thaK For This Useful Post:
Truecrypt

Please! Thank you.

The Following User Says Thank You to Manatus For This Useful Post:
Is this a wish list for N9 apps to the great wishing star in the sky? Is anybody listening? There doesn't seem to be any interest in porting apps to N9. This site Apps for Meego has just 1 app after weeks in operation. How sad! How pathetic! Ovi store is flooded with useless RSS feed apps but the useful utilities have not increased from day 1.

http://apps.formeego.com/basecategor...1.0/harmattan/

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Umm, follow the apps for meego thread at the meego forum.
The site is not ready yet, it's still in a testing phase...

The N9's not even out in most of the countries it's destined for.
And the countries it's out in, have only received small batches initially, w/larger ones on-the-way.
And those countries have had it from 0-3wks, tops...
With all that in mind, why would you think apps should be exploding on the scene?

The Ovi store has been growing with useful apps every day I've followed it.
How long have you been watching, I have for 2mth now, & it's increased at a better rate than the N900.
And what about the other sources, have you checked those too.

And it's never going to have a huge repository of commercial apps anyway.
In case you haven't been following, everything Nokia's done over the past 8-mths will ensure that.

Besides, this thread's about non-commercial apps. You have every right to complain...
But not to devs that that've made apps available in their own time, & free of charge.
The complaining should be directed to Nokia in the Nokia forums, or at the Ovi Store etc.
Or various other commercial devs who haven't yet targeted Harmattan for whatever reason.

Last edited by jalyst; 2011-10-17 at 03:04.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jalyst For This Useful Post:
jalyst, I understand there's not going to be a huge repository of apps, commercial or not but the trend now is discouraging. I've been following Ovi store since N9 started shipping and I don't see useful apps coming every day. It may have been the case for the past 2 months but not now. There are lots of useless RSS feed apps but useful utilities seem to be frozen.

I'm talking about apps like wi-fi analyzer, wi-fi file transfer, bar code reader, QR code reader, gps parking, lyric search, Shazam, ebook readers (yes, I know there is a beta one), MS Office editor, etc which are staples in any platform.

I don't make a distinction between commercial or non-commercial apps. If the developers here want to go commercial it's up to them. Have you noticed that most of the games in My-Meego.com which were once free have gone commercial?

There's really no need to scour around the net looking for sources of N9 apps. Any new apps will be reported in My-Meego.com. Any other source you can find are just repeats. Well, My-Meego.com reports a 1 or 2 new apps every few days. Pretty discouraging. You can say N9 has only started shipping but this is wishful justification. Nokia has already given developers a head start months ago. So why are the apps still coming at a trickle?

I'm not ranting against Meego developers here, I'm only expressing my disappointment. Yes, Elop has done all he could to contain N9's mass market appeal but I didn't expect the Meego/Maemo community to just cave in and surrender. Look at N900, there are far more useful apps than N9 now and they were developed by enthusiasts and given free because there was no commercial potential anyway. But now we have the N9 with some commercial potential but the Meego/Maemo community have given Elop an easy victory.

Tags
applications, good news!!!!!!, harmattan, open source