I found this app now. Wow, it's awesome! I have only one problem: I need to use permanent marker database (or personal POIs). Are you planning to implement this feature?

Great, with google search it is pretty usable now. I'm missing ability to search places like bookstores, pubs, etc.
Interface is nice...actually is best application interface i have seen on maemo.

I would speed up rotation. It looks great now but it take bit too long time.
Also It would nice to have option to disable zoom out and in when searching. It looks nice but can consume additional bandwidth. It may be expensive for people without data plan or abroad.

Last edited by hardkorek; 2011-06-06 at 13:02.

Posts: 317 | Thanked: 787 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Krakow, Poland
Originally Posted by atya View Post
I found this app now. Wow, it's awesome! I have only one problem: I need to use permanent marker database (or personal POIs). Are you planning to implement this feature?
I am hoping to deliver this before the end of June.

Originally Posted by hardkorek View Post
Great, with google search it is pretty usable now. I'm missing ability to search places like bookstores, pubs, etc.
Interface is nice...actually is best application interface i have seen on maemo.
Google local search is also planned to be included by the end of this month.

Originally Posted by hardkorek View Post
I would speed up rotation. It looks great now but it take bit too long time.
Also It would nice to have option to disable zoom out and in when searching. It looks nice but can consume additional bandwidth. It may be expensive for people without data plan or abroad.
Which rotation do you mean? Is it portrait/landscape orientation change? I will probably include things like animation speed in config/theme file in future.

I do not agree with second sentence. Zoom out and in actually should reduce number of downloaded tiles. An option is planned to block tile downloading and complete offline mode for those with limited data plans.

The Following User Says Thank You to dwaradzyn For This Useful Post:
Posts: 269 | Thanked: 1,096 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hampshire, UK
Well I was loving the new version, then I broke it

I have a blank map shown, GPS is locked, but if I hit the 'blue spot' to make it track my position, it just locks up.

I tried removing the app, and re-installing (I know, it's not Windoze ) and also tried deleting the contents of the .map folder.

Running it from the console shows '627 GL_ERROR: 500'

Any one got any clues how to fix this? I think it happened after I tried a couple of searches - which have never worked for me on any of the previous versions.

Thanks!

Dave

Posts: 127 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Wales
Will you be implementing the ability to geocache with this?

Nokia N900 - Kernel V47 OC'd at 1.15mhz, CSSU, BleedingEdge, 64gb, H-E-N.

Need a ROM for an emulator on the N900? Then send me a message and Thank me in return.

If I help you somehow in a post then please press thanks next to it!

Message me @ Dale_Foster_1099@Hotmail.com
Xbox @ Pyro1099
Last.fm @ Pyro1099
Twitter @ Pyro1099

Originally Posted by epninety View Post
Well I was loving the new version, then I broke it

I have a blank map shown, GPS is locked, but if I hit the 'blue spot' to make it track my position, it just locks up.

I tried removing the app, and re-installing (I know, it's not Windoze ) and also tried deleting the contents of the .map folder.

Running it from the console shows '627 GL_ERROR: 500'

Any one got any clues how to fix this? I think it happened after I tried a couple of searches - which have never worked for me on any of the previous versions.

Thanks!

Dave
Please try removing /home/user/.clougps/config.ini and running the app again.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dwaradzyn For This Useful Post:
Thanks dwaradzyn

That fixed it right up!
Back to being the best app on my N900 :-)

Dave

The Following User Says Thank You to epninety For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Pyro1099 View Post
Will you be implementing the ability to geocache with this?
The goal is to create very pleasant to use mapping and navigation application first. There is a lot to be done before this goal is reached but after that, who knows...

Originally Posted by epninety View Post
Thanks dwaradzyn

That fixed it right up!
Back to being the best app on my N900 :-)

Dave
So there is something that is written to config.ini that makes the app unusable. Please post the contents of config.ini if you (or any other user for that matter) run into this issue again - this will help me investigate the issue.

Thanks in advance.

Will do. I should have renamed the file instead of deleting it, but I was in too much of a hurry to get it working again

Tags
best gps app