Active Topics

0.4.1 is just the test binary

Posts: 232 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Idaho
The lock code/boot on charger problem is still here. When it loads desktop (bypassing lock code security), the wifi... service? module? icon is grey and yellow. Why it has two split boxes, I don't know. Seriously, this needs fixed. I already showed how to reproduce. I shouldn't have to jump hoops and ladders to get it to work with the original systemui.
http://youtube.com/mgamerz

The lock code/boot on charger problem is still here. When it loads desktop (bypassing lock code security), the wifi... service? module? icon is grey and yellow. Why it has two split boxes, I don't know. Seriously, this needs fixed. I already showed how to reproduce. I shouldn't have to jump hoops and ladders to get it to work with the original systemui.
Please answer this post.

The split service box with yellow status means some of the services in that group are running but not all. There are pictures and descriptions of this in the service control section on the about page.

ASUI will be able to lock the device and prompt for the code to unlock when I find information on how to do that. Until that time, you will have to disable ASUI in the charging runlevel if you want to lock the device.

what is jump hoops and ladders

is it part of the app -i searched for it but cannot find it in the asui app

is it a widget

any help appreciated

what is jump hoops and ladders

There is a new test binary that fixes (with an ugly hack) key locking issues and wakeup taps/keys outside of ASUI.

- fix: ignore key presses in asui when screen is on but locked
- fix: ignore first key press in asui when screen is off but not locked (wakeup key)
- fix: [hack] ignore first key/tap when asui is hidden and screen is off but not locked (wakeup key/tap)
- fix: [hack] ignore key presses when asui is hidden and screen is on but locked

The home button is the only key that isn't caught, since I don't know how to trap it. I don't know what will happen if you don't have Telescope installed. The hack doesn't prevent Telescope from opening and it doesn't lock the keys for Telescope either.

If you enter Telescope and the selected window is named "LOCKED" then the device is locked and no keys or taps will propagate to other apps until you unlock it. Keys will of course work in Telescope but nothing will happen, that I know of.

If you enter Telescope and the selected window is named "UNLOCKED" then just press the escape button to return to the last visible app. There is a blank window covering the display to catch the first tap or key press when unblanking the screen while not locked. This window will close on a tap or key press and also if you press escape after entering Telescope. If you do anything else inside Telescope it causes the window to get stuck and you'll have to tap the "X" on the window thumbnail in Telescope to kill it.

The Following User Says Thank You to auouymous For This Useful Post:
Posts: 232 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Idaho
Read this
I can't edit it. I also gave you specific steps to reproduce the problem.
ONce I find where the test binary is I will test it. I don't know if it's ASUI either, but when my tablet is on the charger (unlocked or not), it seems to crash a few times every hour. It'll crash even when not unlocked (at the screen).
Update: Found it on your page... but don't know how to install it.
Finally got nano working. Turning it to false does nothing. It still shows asui in the charging screen, but instead of booting with a bunch of broken stuff, it just crashes and reboots.
Edit again: After a reboot (crash reboot) it kicked into normal charge mode. The boot time to that took like 2 minutes though.
http://youtube.com/mgamerz

Last edited by Mgamerz; 2010-12-04 at 23:03.

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
notised a small oddity.

if i have the main menu (or any other from the side bar) open when i press the power button, asui will not register any screen taps.

if i have the main menu (or any other from the side bar) open when i press the power button, asui will not register any screen taps.
Added to bug list. Tapping an area of the screen where the menu was located will be received by the menu but no action will happen other then that menu item being highlighted. Tapping outside of the menu will cause ASUI to flash as the menu closes and future taps will be received by ASUI. Until fixed, you can either hide ASUI and close the menu or try tapping one of the bottom screen corners since most menus won't be located there.

when my tablet is on the charger (unlocked or not), it seems to crash a few times every hour.
1) does it crash when charging and ASUI is hidden?
2) does it crash when charging and ASUI is uninstalled?

Edit again: After a reboot (crash reboot) it kicked into normal charge mode. The boot time to that took like 2 minutes though.
The ASUI code won't be loaded until after the desktop becomes visible. You have another problem if it takes 2 minutes for the charger screen to launch.

--

New test binary.

- ASUI will hide when home key is pressed
- home key is now locked along with the other keys
- fixed some X update lag when moving widgets by adding a highlight

@ mgamerz
This binary won't fix any of your problems but if you want to play with it you will need to download it to your tablet, become root, stop ASUI /etc/init.d/advanced-systemui stop and then run the test binary with ./advanced-systemui-test . If you want to keep the test binary then do mv advanced-systemui-test /usr/bin/advanced-systemui to overwrite the installed binary. When finished you will need to restart ASUI /etc/init.d/advanced-systemui start .

Last edited by auouymous; 2010-12-05 at 13:01.

The Following User Says Thank You to auouymous For This Useful Post:
Yet another test binary that fixes some issues related to lock&blank and blank.

- fix: lock&blank wouldn't blank until ASUI was remapped if a timer was needed and lock&close was enabled, it now locks device, counts down, unmaps asui and blanks
- fix: blank would lock the device if used while connected to a charger, now it doesn't
- fix: display will now blank properly when connected to charger and "display stays lit = never"

Will release this tomorrow if no one has any problems with it and then begin work on secure lock support.

advanced-systemui (0.4.2)
  • fix: ignore key presses in ASUI when screen is on but locked
  • fix: ignore first key press in ASUI when screen is off but not locked (wakeup key)
  • fix: ignore first key/tap when ASUI is hidden and screen is off but not locked (wakeup key/tap)
  • fix: ignore key presses when ASUI is hidden and screen is on but locked
  • fix: limit key press lag to 100ms
  • fix: destination cell is highlighted when moving widgets to prevent X update lag
  • fix: lock&blank wouldn't blank until ASUI was remapped if a timer was needed and lock&close was enabled. It now locks device, counts down, unmaps ASUI and blanks
  • fix: blank would lock the device if used while connected to a charger, now it doesn't
  • fix: display will now blank properly when connected to charger and "display stays lit = never"
  • fix: screen is highlighted when opening and closing flashlight to prevent X update lag
  • fix: ASUI won't open with power button if a menu is present (will sometimes open but won't have any problems)
  • home/swap key now toggles between primary and secondary widgets

Changes since last test binary include the three underlined entries above along with:
  • fix: home/swap key was not accessible to ASUI after rotating and would open telescope or app switcher
  • fix: wifi and bluetooth dialogs couldn't respond to taps or keyboard

This release also adds a new bug, see the third red entry on the todo page.

Tags
bada blows, bada rox