Active Topics

"/data/media/0/multirom/roms/[name of sailfish rom]/data/.stowaways/sailfishos/"

is the directory of sailfish under multirom.

Originally Posted by nh1402 View Post
"/data/media/0/multirom/roms/[name of sailfish rom]/data/.stowaways/sailfishos/"

is the directory of sailfish under multirom.
I am not on multirom. A user has sent me a message clarifying that is not reccomended flash fsdroid on sailfish as primary standalone rom. by the way, i can't brows through data in jolla with recovery. it shows only folder like android not sailfish

The Following User Says Thank You to sgroimax For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sgroimax View Post
I am not on multirom. A user has sent me a message clarifying that is not reccomended flash fsdroid on sailfish as primary standalone rom. by the way, i can't brows through data in jolla with recovery. it shows only folder like android not sailfish
What folders are in the root folder when you use the recovery's file manager?

Originally Posted by nh1402 View Post
What folders are in the root folder when you use the recovery's file manager?
He needs to open terminal and:
cp /Download/[ whatever] /storage/sdcard0/ with devel-su

Then [whatever] will appear in root directory of recovery

v0.9 works perfectely. thanks for rotation, etc.

sledges has put the instructions to the mer wiki!

mako: https://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Ada..._.28sfdroid.29

hammerhead: https://wiki.merproject.org/wiki/Ada..._.28sfdroid.29

the mako version is also including a version for ballocks CM11 port

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to liar For This Useful Post:
Hi guys,
Apologies if this is a stupid question.
I was wondering if any of you know anything about running Android in a Window in Sailfish on the One Plus One?

I've heard the OPO is very similar to the Nexus 5. So do you think it's possible to get Android in a Window (SFDroid) on our OPOs?
If so, this would probably let me move away from Android once and for all.

Another stupid question:
If I flashed the sfdroid zip with the cyanogen rom, would this replace my existing Sailfish install or just add the android in a window functionality? Or would I be have to choose between Sailfish Os or Sailfish with SFDroid?

Thanks!

Originally Posted by iGnu View Post
Hi guys,
Apologies if this is a stupid question.
I was wondering if any of you know anything about running Android in a Window in Sailfish on the One Plus One?

I've heard the OPO is very similar to the Nexus 5. So do you think it's possible to get Android in a Window (SFDroid) on our OPOs?
If so, this would probably let me move away from Android once and for all.

Another stupid question:
If I flashed the sfdroid zip with the cyanogen rom, would this replace my existing Sailfish install or just add the android in a window functionality? Or would I be have to choose between Sailfish Os or Sailfish with SFDroid?

Thanks!
The oneplus one has a different cm base (cm12.1) to the nexus 5 (cm11), the code would have to be ported to work. We don't have a device with such a base to do the porting ourselves. The code modifications is open source and available on github if someone wants to give it a stab. I would say that I was going to try and get a cm12.1 base working on the nexus 5 but I've got enough projects to be working on.

As for your second question, you flash the sfdroid zip on top of the sailfish rom you'd like to run android apps on, it doesn't delete anything only modifies some files on the cm base which would otherwise be unused. Sfdroid (and possibly the sailfish rom) will stop working if you do an OTA update.

Last edited by nh1402; 2016-03-12 at 13:21.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nh1402 For This Useful Post:
Hey,
Thanks very much for the information.
Your hard work is much appreciated!

anyone wanting to flash with the latest twrp with multirom needs to be careful, the flash zip function doesnt work

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to m4r0v3r For This Useful Post:

Tags
apkenv