Posts: 963 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Connecticut, USA
Dave, you seem to be quite unabashed about being a troll. I wonder, would you be willing to participate in a sociology study focusing on the study of trolling? I would love to interview you.

http://temporaryland.wordpress.com/

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
yes, it seems that most poeple a quite convinced that I'm a troll pro and prefer to post stuff related to that instead of jolla. And who can blame them? after all it's a free forum and TMO will be stronger and better if people voice their opinions in understandable and structured way instead of just insults and complaints as you often read in thread bigger than 300 posts. I might have crossed into the boarder land of the trolls lately and I'm fighting to find the way out.

You can create a thread and ask your questions there instead of in this thread if you want. .Or create a simular google docs as jolla got and I answer it at the same time as jolla

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2012-10-31 at 18:10.

This thread and Jolla

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
This is the funniest thing I received:

Hi Lumiaman,

I am working on an interesting project and I wonder if you would be interested in participating. In one of my other lives, I am an amateur writer. I am currently writing a couple of books, and just recently got the idea of writing another one. This one would be on the subject of "trolling", as a sociology study. I find the subject fascinating, and I am sure others will too.

I am starting the research stage of the book by conducting some interviews. Surely you are aware of the fact that many people on this forum have labeled you a "troll" at one time or another. I think it would be fascinating, and very educational, to hear your side of the story and to see things from your point of view. How would you feel about being interview for this book?

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Sailfish Alliance is Asia, but jolla said simular organizations will be set up around the world. Anyone found any indication of a simular entity In let's say Europe, and will the os be called sailfish everywhere or is the main core of the os or the Asia os only. Can anyone recall that...can't find any question about that in the Google doc.

Last edited by Dave999; 2012-10-31 at 22:29.

Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
This is the funniest thing I received:

Hi Lumiaman,

I am working on an interesting project and I wonder if you would be interested in participating. In one of my other lives, I am an amateur writer. I am currently writing a couple of books, and just recently got the idea of writing another one. This one would be on the subject of "trolling", as a sociology study. I find the subject fascinating, and I am sure others will too.

I am starting the research stage of the book by conducting some interviews. Surely you are aware of the fact that many people on this forum have labeled you a "troll" at one time or another. I think it would be fascinating, and very educational, to hear your side of the story and to see things from your point of view. How would you feel about being interview for this book?
LOL I got the exact same thing today, only it started with hi specc

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
shouldn't the two of you and dave, I presume too, actually accept the requests?

It'll give everyone else a fascinating insight

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
shouldn't the two of you and dave, I presume too, actually accept the requests?

It'll give everyone else a fascinating insight
It's accepted and completed. I'm waiting for the book. Be ready to pay big bucks for it! Persanlly, I hope for royalties but we will see.

Not sure how the selection procces was done, but I think you are very close to being select when posting like you do be carefull so you don't enter the dark side. Many users here are close to the line without knowing it.

Damn, I want to read this book on my future Jolla phone.

Last edited by Dave999; 2012-11-01 at 13:19.

Posts: 594 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Rhine
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Not sure how the selection procces was done...
I can tell you

http://talk.maemo.org/poll.php?do=sh...lts&pollid=715

Originally Posted by Leinad View Post
I can tell you

http://talk.maemo.org/poll.php?do=sh...lts&pollid=715
Ok, fine. that might be the criteria. But to get a real acceptance for a valid result you need to elect people to the pool or even better results if anyone could add candidates.

Ever heard that if people ecpect/think you in are in a special way, sooner or later you become like that. Psychics basics.

It might be an environmental issue.

Let's hope the book can get to the bottom of it. When we are at it. If you are a great writer jollausers looking for writers. Please apply so we can get serious and well written articles when the news will appear very soon.

Last edited by Dave999; 2012-11-01 at 17:01.

Tags
jolla, jolla on topic, jollamobile, meego, merproject, nokia, nokian9, professionals, speculations, tizenjolla