Active Topics

Fingerpori's take on Jolla.

Fingerpori strips are essentially about playing with words. If somebody is bothered to translate it, go for it. I'm off for the last uni exams this year.

Originally Posted by tissot View Post
Fingerpori's take on Jolla.

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/b.../finger_po.jpg

Fingerpori strips are essentially about playing with words. If somebody is bothered to translate it, go for it. I'm off for the last uni exams this year.
Okay, I am shooting myself to foot but here we go,
Fingerpori is about dual meanings via playing words.
I guess no fun for non-finnish-speaking.

First buble:
New made-in-Finland "piece" is rather small compared to its features.

second buble:
On the next day ->

The magazine called 'fingerporilainen'
In interview, engineer Heimo Vesa
who/which has a small "piece" (we all understand this haha) and the dual meaning - Jolla is a small piece
----
Jolla as a name is a boat like thingy, also in grammar its an adessive "who/which" or something like that

Sorry, off-topic

Edit. more clarification

Last edited by andreas1; 2013-12-19 at 09:04.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to andreas1 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 559 | Thanked: 1,017 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
I was already not liking non-native apps on Jolla Store, but allowing Android apps that don't even work properly on Sailfish in the store is really stupid and short sighted move from Jolla. Now they have not just the crappy Yandex store in there, but even their own store has stuff that does not work right.
Agreed.

I wonder how difficult would it be to port Harmattan yle-dl and create a Sailfish compatible UI for it? This way we could have native (but non-official) "Yle Areena". In Harmattan we have command line tools and possibility to watch even live Yle shows but no UI

Harmattan yle-dl:
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=85256

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to OVK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 290 | Thanked: 269 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Brussels
Dont know about the rest of us but the last sw update introduced some more issues for me. Sometimes the settings panel (when minimized) is not showing the icons anymore. Just an empty enveloppe on the home screen.

Also I noticed the phone is getting slower and having frame rate issue (lags) after having it used for a longer time (cache? / android?)

Bluetooth stream sometimes just drops while in a call (carkit) - If this happens there's no way to get the audio back in the phone (only loudspeaker)

I really hope the bug fixes and new features are coming soon (or announced via official channels) as I cant recommend the phone to my friends today. The UI is more 2014-like and works OK but it stops there for me. Still i do believe in the future of Jolla and us joining / helping them on their trip but if i were a consumer saving money over the last months to buy the product so I could use it as my primary device I'd not be so forgiven to them...

This device is simply not ready to be used on a daily base in professional environment. I don't mean this in a bad way but I want to be open and honest to the community...

The Following User Says Thank You to wout.martens For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by wout.martens View Post
Dont know about the rest of us but the last sw update introduced some more issues for me. Sometimes the settings panel (when minimized) is not showing the icons anymore. Just an empty enveloppe on the home screen.

Also I noticed the phone is getting slower and having frame rate issue (lags) after having it used for a longer time (cache? / android?)

Bluetooth stream sometimes just drops while in a call (carkit) - If this happens there's no way to get the audio back in the phone (only loudspeaker)

I really hope the bug fixes and new features are coming soon (or announced via official channels) as I cant recommend the phone to my friends today. The UI is more 2014-like and works OK but it stops there for me. Still i do believe in the future of Jolla and us joining / helping them on their trip but if i were a consumer saving money over the last months to buy the product so I could use it as my primary device I'd not be so forgiven to them...

This device is simply not ready to be used on a daily base in professional environment. I don't mean this in a bad way but I want to be open and honest to the community...
Made a ticket to zendesk about the gallery bug, was it yesterday.
~hotfix cant be of type 'fixing things, breaking others'~

Posts: 67 | Thanked: 184 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Helsinki
Hopefully get my Jolla today and therefore have a last question.

Has anybody removed Dalvik cache and or apps?
Or has anybody removed DC with apps ?

Reason i am asking is - given that Jolla will progress alot in the coming year - if i only want native Apps in future how easy reliabel it is to get rid off the Android stuff

(btw resetting the phone i can think of myself if someone eas going to reply that )

Posts: 231 | Thanked: 143 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Tallinn, Estonia
You do not have to install Android support to the phone. It is optional feature.

The Following User Says Thank You to Silwer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 496 | Thanked: 651 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by wout.martens View Post
I cant recommend the phone to my friends today. The UI is more 2014-like and works OK but it stops there for me. Still i do believe in the future of Jolla and us joining / helping them on their trip but if i were a consumer saving money over the last months to buy the product so I could use it as my primary device I'd not be so forgiven to them...

You are articulating what I am beginning to feel.

I remember when I got my N9 when it was launched I was excited and happy to show it to everyone who look and listen, and everyone (more-or-less) who saw it liked it as well. But after a couple of days use I don't really feel that way about the Jolla, although I can see the potential.

Posts: 67 | Thanked: 184 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by Silwer View Post
You do not have to install Android support to the phone. It is optional feature.
I know that it is optional and you have to install it - and sorry but that was completely beside the question.

Posts: 741 | Thanked: 900 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Auckland NZ
Originally Posted by hemiwi View Post
Hopefully get my Jolla today and therefore have a last question.

Has anybody removed Dalvik cache and or apps?
Or has anybody removed DC with apps ?

Reason i am asking is - given that Jolla will progress alot in the coming year - if i only want native Apps in future how easy reliabel it is to get rid off the Android stuff

(btw resetting the phone i can think of myself if someone eas going to reply that )
The Android compatibility isn't installed when you get the phone. You can use the phone without installing it at all.

Tags
jolla, review, sailfish, the other half, user experience