Poll: Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?
Poll Options
Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?

@ PartyboyXP
emmc will always be faster and battery would last longer. either class 10 or class 8 is the same as emmc.

@Evildemon
use search the thread function.
8gb will be enough, i personally never used more then 2gb!!

Posts: 179 | Thanked: 86 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Barcelona
Originally Posted by tele View Post
@ PartyboyXP
either class 10 or class 8 is the same as emmc.
I guess you mean *neither*

Posts: 1,918 | Thanked: 3,118 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ My pants
Originally Posted by Evildemon View Post
well the problem is that really... 208 pages...

i read your post and read wiki page but the i only see how to intall on EMMC, i want to install nitdroid on memory card... (well i found the auto-installer instructions on wiki so i will use them)

PS: do you think 8GB is enough to nitdroid and like 20 games ?
Well, if you truly read as you said, then by now you should know that Nitdroid will only take about 300MB, and it will have nothing to do with the extra 7.7GB of your memory card's space. Nitdroid will identify your internal storage the 27 GB one as its memory card, and the other 7.7GB as $hi*.

The Following User Says Thank You to ammyt For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Gill T View Post
Can some on help me with install the Custom emmc that is displayd in this wiki http://wiki.maemo.org/Nitdroid_easy_...lling_Nitdroid

i want to install this one below

8GB apps 21GB mydocs: http://www.mediafire.com/?5o1hkuuwhn8hh1c

Thanks Gill T
You will have to use a 7-zip archiver to extract the file. Once that is done, just follow the wiki. It worked for me.

The Following User Says Thank You to nafajafam For This Useful Post:
Posts: 539 | Thanked: 518 times | Joined on May 2010 @ nanaurbusiness
Hi there, I could need some help here. I installed RC3 for testing, everything is fine except thr market... The "official" market fix just won't work... I even tried Market Enabler wich is preinstalled but misses the donation apk which refused to install due to not found in market and a simple "not installed" error message when trying a donate apk from Dr. Google. ;-)

So, does anybody got a full market in Gingerbead RC3 somehow and could me point to a proper fix?

Thx in advance,

..::J4ZZ::..

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Noord-Holland, Netherlands
Originally Posted by nafajafam View Post
You will have to use a 7-zip archiver to extract the file. Once that is done, just follow the wiki. It worked for me.
Thnx nafajafam, but in nitdroid wiki there is no guide of installing the custom 8g emmc, but if it is the same like the standard 2g emmc then i know how to flash it with the maemo flasher 3.5 tool for the pc
but i dont know if it is the same bin file as the standard

thnx

Posts: 149 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Russia
Guys
Please help me to mount my /etc (of maemo) to nitdroid partition.

I need to edit /etc/watchdog.conf (but maemo is crashed)

And where is all commands for Terminal Emulator?
Thanks!

Originally Posted by Switch_ View Post
Right, primarily I'm going to apologise for shouting but I am really sick of repeating myself time after time and helping people without the necessary tech skills to install / uninstall NITDroid without asking for help. I'll do it in red as well, to be eyecatching. And in Comic Sans, as per my mate @vi_, because its more likely to be understood.

THE WHOLE DAMN IDEA BEHIND KEEPING IT A CLOSED BETA IS TO STOP THE FLOOD OF GODDAMN NOOBISH "I CAN'T GET SO-AND-SO WORKING, HLP PLZZZZ!!!!1111! RIDICULOUS THREADS BEING STARTED!

Wow, your arrogance is dripping with that statement. Never mind that it discounts that people do know how to work with the whole thing. Not everyone on the outside is clueless, or wondering if it'll do calls. But if you want to generate flak, fine - not like you're short of that capacity.

Stability? Try not running down the battery so low, that maemo wisely gives up where Android on the N900 shouldnt be, trying to install things that assume portrait and crash on landscape, and/or knowing that Airplane mode doesn't always mean you have to clear parts of the filesystem off as previously instructed.

Thnx nafajafam, but in nitdroid wiki there is no guide of installing the custom 8g emmc, but if it is the same like the standard 2g emmc then i know how to flash it with the maemo flasher 3.5 tool for the pc

thnx
it is the same method as the standard 2G emmc. i flashed mine yesterday

Posts: 1,918 | Thanked: 3,118 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ My pants

thnx
You have to reflash your phone using the image. Search how to reflash N900.

Tags
community win, mor*nicindians, nitdroid