Active Topics

Posts: 3,524 | Thanked: 2,958 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Delta Quadrant
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
Yes, there's prepaid in the US. I have TMobile prepaid, which currently costs me $15 a month, but I can move down to plans that cost even less. That's what I use for my N900.
Wow! $15/mo sounds like a great price! Does this include prepaid data? How much bandwidth do you get?

Virgin mobile in Canada also offers good rates (for Canada anyway). There's a promotion on for 6GB data for $30/month on a $25/month plan. That's $55 flat for 100 anytime minutes, unlimited evenings and weekends, and 6GB data. This is a good deal and it's all back-boned on the Roger's network (which has great coverage).

One word: AWESOME.

The Astonishing Tribe is a company that develops user interfaces and is damed good at it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrdrB...eature=channel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOGmn...eature=channel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SImO...eature=channel

Arguably, these user interfaces are a little flashy, but they have tons of great ideas that could be effectively used if implemented well. It seems like they support MeeGo and Android, and here's to hoping that more developers use their awesome frameworks for app development.

Were I a mobile app developer, I wouldn't hesitate to use these frameworks for my apps. They are INCREDIBLE and are a definite value add (if only just for visuals).
http://www.tat.se/site/products/overview.html
http://www.tat.se/site/showroom/latest_design.html

Posts: 80 | Thanked: 100 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ England
I've just watched a couple of those and they look really nice.

I'm quite excited by the Galaxy Tab; it is the perfect size for me and I can keep my N900 for when I need something smaller. And even better is that I am already on vodafone and they have it on their coming soon page.

Depending on price obviously!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to noal For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by noal View Post
I've just watched a couple of those and they look really nice.

I'm quite excited by the Galaxy Tab; it is the perfect size for me and I can keep my N900 for when I need something smaller. And even better is that I am already on vodafone and they have it on their coming soon page.

Depending on price obviously!
For sure! Thanks for posting, and welcome to the forum! Sometimes people can get hostile, but a lot of us are friendly so don't take it too personally if it happens.

I'm quite excited as well. I don't have a smartphone, so it will serve the purpose of both, but I'm fine with a headset as I have been using one with my N810 for years.

I'm with you, regarding price! It's been stated that it will cost "slightly above the galaxy S" which is a bit much compared to the Archos and presumably other WiFi-only coming to market. Though it looks to be genuinely worth it as the experience should be top-notch.

The Following User Says Thank You to Capt'n Corrupt For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nilchak View Post
So WSJ says a subsidized Tab will be between $200-$400 in the US.
I don't need 3g it's for home, that archos 7 or 10 is what i'll be getting.

Check out this awesome Google Docs spreadsheet of upcoming Android tablets (maintained by the community):
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...mSHRDaUE&hl=en

It's a great source of information on the upcoming options!

It's very interesting that the Tab is the only 7" tablet at 1024x600. Others offer 1024x600, but are 10" or above.

Last edited by Capt'n Corrupt; 2010-09-06 at 18:06.

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
Originally Posted by bxbomber View Post
I don't need 3g it's for home, that archos 7 or 10 is what i'll be getting.
And when out and about one can tether in various ways as needed.

Posts: 80 | Thanked: 100 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ England
Originally Posted by Capt'n Corrupt View Post
For sure! Thanks for posting, and welcome to the forum! Sometimes people can get hostile, but a lot of us are friendly so don't take it too personally if it happens.

I'm quite excited as well. I don't have a smartphone, so it will serve the purpose of both, but I'm fine with a headset as I have been using one with my N810 for years.

I'm with you, regarding price! It's been stated that it will cost "slightly above the galaxy S" which is a bit much compared to the Archos and presumably other WiFi-only coming to market. Though it looks to be genuinely worth it as the experience should be top-notch.
Thank you for your welcome Capt'n Corrupt.

I have been reading for about 6 months now and just decided to register!

I agree with you about experience. I can just imagine lying in bed reading an e-book or playing Angry Birds on that lovely screen!

Last edited by noal; 2010-09-06 at 18:17.

The Following User Says Thank You to noal For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by noal View Post
Thank you for your welcome Capt'n Corrupt.

I have been reading for about 6 months now and just decided to register!

I agree with you about experience. I can just imagine lying in bed reading an e-book or playing Angry Birds!
For sure! I picture myself lying in bed, taking in a good book, or playing Vagrant Story/tomb raider via the PSX emulator, angry birds, or some other game! I also love, that I can casually look up a word online, post on the forum, or even stream some video from my computer via DLNA!

7" seems like the perfect size, and 1024x600 is a great resolution for a comfortable experience (I know this as it's the same res as my netbook!).

Tags
android envy, buzz..buzz buzz, core failure, crapdroid, galaxy fap, galaxy tab, ipad killer, samsung, tab trolls, tablet envy