Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by wout.martens View Post
To the dev. How do write nfc tag to autom open XBMC remote application?
Just interested to know how this is done.
That's not possible. You can start the remote PC with WakeOnLan, but XBMC needs to be autostarted or you have to start it on your own.

Originally Posted by impeham View Post
is this available for N900 too?

in Nokia store i get:"Sorry, this item is not available for the Nokia N900"
No... For the N900 I don't publish it through the store as I think that the regular package manager is better than the store. However, I didn't update the N900 version this time... The latest version available for the N900 for now is 1.0.

As I don't really use my N900 any more, I lost the motivation a bit there. Let me see if I can find the motivation to adapt the new features to the N900 UI. It would be interesting to know how many of you guys still use it on the N900. Could all of you please vote in this poll to give me an impression how the distribution is?
http://poll.pollcode.com/it27

Originally Posted by accumulator View Post
When browsing music in file mode instead of library mode, the folders' names are replaced by the Album Name of a (the first?) track inside the folder.
Hmm... Don't really get what you mean. Could you provide an example please?

Posts: 290 | Thanked: 269 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Brussels
Originally Posted by mzanetti View Post
That's not possible. You can start the remote PC with WakeOnLan, but XBMC needs to be autostarted or you have to start it on your own.
Well the way you're doing this.
How is that tag looking like (nfc sticker info) ?

Originally Posted by wout.martens View Post
Well the way you're doing this.
How is that tag looking like (nfc sticker info) ?
Ah ok... what I do is to write an NDEF URI record containing the following URI: xbmc://hostip:port/hostname/macaddress. For example something like this:

xbmc://192.168.0.5:8080/My XBMC/123ab456cd78

Then I register Xbmcremote as the application to handle urls of type xbmc://

This is however not the recommended way to do it. It doesn't work on Symbian for example because there is already a handler registered for all urls.
The correct way would be to define a own NDEF record type (google for "NDEF specification") and then register your application as the handler for that NDEF record type. That would work on all platforms. Here's the doc with examples: http://doc.qt.nokia.com/qtmobility/q...ldmanager.html

Originally Posted by RobertMe View Post
First off, what a great app. I used it a couple of times to control my OpenELEC install and it is just great.

You should be able to set a text, or icon, using the platformSipAttributes of the TextField. This property holds a SipAttributes element, which has an actionKeyIcon property which should set this icon. You could also set the actionKeyLabel to set a text for the button, which is what I'm using my app.
Awesome. I'll check it out now. Thanks a lot!

Hmm... Don't really get what you mean. Could you provide an example please?
yes.

I have a list of folders which are collections. let's say they're called folder1, folder2, folder3

when browsing music as files, I don't see folder1, folder2, folder3 in a list, as I would expect, but instead I see 3 'albums'.

In JSON speak, the 'label:' field is shown, not the actual directory name.

I've been on IRC/#xbmc, and it seems you have to call Files.GetDirectory with the media: "files" parameter to get the label filled with the filename instead of the album name.

Originally Posted by accumulator View Post
yes.

I have a list of folders which are collections. let's say they're called folder1, folder2, folder3

when browsing music as files, I don't see folder1, folder2, folder3 in a list, as I would expect, but instead I see 3 'albums'.

In JSON speak, the 'label:' field is shown, not the actual directory name.

I've been on IRC/#xbmc, and it seems you have to call Files.GetDirectory with the media: "files" parameter to get the label filled with the filename instead of the album name.
Ok... Got it reproduced now... Thing is, if I use "files" instead of the appropriate media type, I don't get any thumbnails any more and the files are shown by their filename including filename extension without regarding tag information. I don't think I want to sacrifice this. In my opinion XBMC should be changed to show the contents exactly like the UI does when the mediatype is used.

Posts: 835 | Thanked: 772 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Finland
The new API does not support that yet. However, now that I have added support for legacy commands anyways, I think I can add it. Haven't yet checked how the webinterface does it, so no promise so far.
I have no idea how this works but there is VideoLibrary.Clean listed with v4 Eden, Is this what you need ?

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title...oLibrary.Clean

The Following User Says Thank You to Kozzi For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Kozzi View Post
I have no idea how this works but there is VideoLibrary.Clean listed with v4 Eden, Is this what you need ?

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title...oLibrary.Clean
How did I miss that one? Thanks!