Posts: 481 | Thanked: 190 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Salem, OR
AGPS: is this application useful just on n810 and the internal gps or can be used on n800 with an external bluetooth gps?

Wow, this new GPS stuff rox. N800 + Nokia BT receiver fixes damn fast! It took me minutes now I get my position right after the BT connection works.

The Media Player on the other hand is disappointing . The old one used to play Xvid 640x368 on an enjoyable speed but now it is just comic book

The Following User Says Thank You to lumindigo85 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ioan View Post
AGPS: is this application useful just on n810 and the internal gps or can be used on n800 with an external bluetooth gps?
It'll change N800 users life as well!

The Following User Says Thank You to lumindigo85 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
agps sure works for N800 as well (only tested with wifi so far)

but they really should have included the app in the image.

Anyone know if there's a way to disable the auto update notification? For my use, I'd rather messages NOT be popping up telling me I have updates. I'd rather go out and do an update check manually.

Posts: 880 | Thanked: 264 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
Given that the email came from the test program, and was specific to n810w... well...
hey, texrat, if you're having problems with your N810W, I'll gladly take it off your hands, fix it, and return it in a couple of years.

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by MikeB1973 View Post
Anyone know if there's a way to disable the auto update notification? For my use, I'd rather messages NOT be popping up telling me I have updates. I'd rather go out and do an update check manually.
Presumably by disabling the applet in the Control panel?

Originally Posted by kudos1uk View Post
Can anyone help please, I know what my problem is now but dont know how to fix it.

I checked the repositories and they had no distribution listed, I made it diablo and now I have to updates available:

Operating system and makedev (2.3.1-73osso-4)

Both say they are uninstallable because the other is missing, when I try to install them they say "go ahead anyway", I say yes but it fails.

As they are reliant on each other how can I fix this?
That's the wrong way. Nokia just released a fiasco image, so you can flash it.

A couple of quick questions for some with the AGPS app working correctly please.

I can move the red target thingy over the map of the world and it shows me the long/lat etc. but it never actually moves to my location (UK). Is it supposed to move about, or suddenly jump to my location or something?

About how long does it take to get a fix on my approx location over a WiFi connection (I've waited 5 mins and nothing happens).

Am I missing something obvious?

Cheers

successful update but cant install openSSH...