Posts: 43 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ oakland, california
i just slapped on the durasec. the quality seems great! the only thing i dont like about it is it gives the screen a rubbery feel instead of a smooth surface, so its kind of hard to use the stylus in my opinion. but other than that..it seems to be doing its job. it does not seem to affect the sensitivity of the resistive screen which is a huge plus! just remember to take your time putting the screen protector. I seem to have messed up a bit and is not happy with the result of my application.

I think all screen protectors give you a slight rubbery feel. But how bad is it? (I only have Zagg InvisibleShield experience).

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Originally Posted by kin900 View Post
i just slapped on the durasec.
Durasec hightec or cleartec?

I think generally the "highly durable" little more expensive ones, like the durasec hightec or the zagg invisibleshield are rubbery and as such very scratch resistant (things don't actually scratch the surface, but more like dent it, which the surface recovers from quickly), while the little cheaper "clear" and thinner ones are the usualy acrylic plastic sheet-type, which is less rubbery but gets scratched easily.

I think I'll go for a 5-pack of durasec cleartec protectors.

Posts: 147 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Lincs, UK
I only have experience with the zagg invisible shields, used them with my last 4 devices.

Not perfect, but they have earnt enough trust for me to get another for my n900.

I dont think any of these clear plastic shields can be anything like perfect, but I cant imagine they get much better than zagg's offering

Oh Zagg's InvisibleShield will protect your device. The problem is that its a bit too rubbery for you to use the stylus to say draw or handwrite..

So I am looking for a screen protector that protects the screen from scratches yet still allows me to say handwrite with my device accurately.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 43 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ oakland, california
Originally Posted by shapeshifter View Post
Durasec hightec or cleartec?

I think generally the "highly durable" little more expensive ones, like the durasec hightec or the zagg invisibleshield are rubbery and as such very scratch resistant (things don't actually scratch the surface, but more like dent it, which the surface recovers from quickly), while the little cheaper "clear" and thinner ones are the usualy acrylic plastic sheet-type, which is less rubbery but gets scratched easily.

I think I'll go for a 5-pack of durasec cleartec protectors.
i ordered the "hightec."

i dont think its bad at all. That rubbery feel would need some time to get used to. im just disappointed at how i applied it because i rushed to get it on so i can use the device. i need to order another. *sigh* AGAIN, it doesnt affect the sensitivity!

one more thing. it seems as if the width of the screen protector is 1mm short. it just barely covers the screen. i dont know if its just the one i have right now or not. i will let you know once i get my other hightec in.

Last edited by kin900; 2009-11-26 at 02:01.

Posts: 59 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by jakiman View Post
I actually would like a privacy filter capable screen protector.
Did you see the Vikuiti Privacy Film?

Posts: 59 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by sarahn View Post
I'm trying the lexerd screen protector, anti glare is a must for me

http://www.amazon.com/Lexerd-TrueVue...9121998&sr=1-2

Originally Posted by Zelig87 View Post
It says NEC N900 ??
Sarahn, the NEC N900 can appear on searches results on Amazon, but it is not the Nokia N900! If you bought that screen protector for your N900, I think you should try to cancel your order, or get a refund.

Last edited by Ricardo; 2009-11-26 at 03:42.

Got the Vikuiti DQC-160 screen protector for N900. It looks very solid and is of the type you can remove and replace anytime without problems or residue. One slight problem, it is a bit too large - I used a straight-line paper cutter to cut a millimeter or so from two sides and now it works great. Absolutely lets the screen shine and so far no problems with touch working with either finger or stylus. I'm getting some more for future replacement needs. But beware, a bit cutting may be required if all are a tad big for production units.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iJanne For This Useful Post:
Got the Vikuiti DQC-160 screen protector for N900. It looks very solid and is of the type you can remove and replace anytime without problems or residue. One slight problem, it is a bit too large - I used a straight-line paper cutter to cut a millimeter or so from two sides and now it works great. Absolutely lets the screen shine and so far no problems with touch working with either finger or stylus. I'm getting some more for future replacement needs. But beware, a bit cutting may be required if all are a tad big for production units.

Tags
accessories, accessory, case, gear, holster, n900, pouch, protection, screen protector