Notices

Don't know if it has been mentioned but the "find word in a grid of letters" game is unplayable. I believe it's registering clicks as trying to scroll/move so you can barely select any letters.

Originally Posted by juanenrique View Post
i've got a question about the actual game... there is a test called "Bomb hunt"... and no matter how many times i actually find the three components of the bomb it always tells me that i failed... is there something i'm missing? i've even tried ordering the components by number of sides (ascending and descending) by order in which they appear (from left to right or top to bottom or the other way around) and it just always gives me a failed mark... always!... is there anything i didn't get?
I'm having exactly the same issue...

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Originally Posted by holysocks View Post
Don't know if it has been mentioned but the "find word in a grid of letters" game is unplayable. I believe it's registering clicks as trying to scroll/move so you can barely select any letters.
That is correct.

The bomb hunt game asks you to find 3 components of the bomb. The text below indicates correct guesses. You have a limited number of guesses, to make sure you don't waste them.

1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8

Let's try 1-2-3

1-2-3 > 0 correct (aha! so not 1,2,3)
2-3-4 > 0 correct (good)
1-2-5 > 1 correct (OK, so 5 is in there)
1-2-6 > 0 correct
1-2-7 > 1 correct (ok, so 5-7)
1-2-8 > 1 correct (5-7-8)
5-7-8 > Win! D+

I do admit that at some point I got an unexpected fail, but that's because I got heated up and missed my 12 try limit.

I tried the game 10 times in a row, keeping an eye on logic and try count. Zero surprises.

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

Last edited by ndi; 2010-06-24 at 19:07.

Yeah.. I'm having the same problem

Originally Posted by ndi View Post
I tried the game 10 times in a row, keeping an eye on logic and try count. Zero surprises.
I did exactly the same strategy, but it still gives my a fail every time...

also the same with balloon popping: i make more than 20,000 points, but still get a straight fail...

20K is weak.

Each balloon busted in a set doubles points. so it's
1 for 2
2 for 3
4 for 4
8 for 5
16 for 6

Well, sorta, but you get the drift. The limit is set to 16 balloons (no more), thus 65536. This is by design, as stated by the game designer when I asked earlier in the thread.

It is supposed to have the player try again, after the first mega-reducer.

I usually play in the red (zero) until the first pop, at 65K, then get another one at least before the first minute. So, 200K, ish?

You need to get better.

[QUOTE=ndi;729539
So, 200K, ish?
[/QUOTE]

yeah, i figured it out in the meantime, around 200k is now normal for me

but still the same issue with the bomb defusing...

Posts: 258 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Lima-Peru
im still getting some problmes with this, it takes for ages to get my results any ideas?

Great game. Haven't run into the trouble-games yet but it's pretty good. My only problem is shooting the ping pong balls into the cups, not really an intellect game. It's a skill game.

Actually, it's a patience and concentration game. There is no time limit so it's not about finding the cups, it's about finding the perfect shot and staying focused enough to deliver consistently.