Notices

Posts: 192 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ south of France
Originally Posted by Nontechitoe View Post

i have downloaded the two files and saved them in the documents folder under phone book access as i couldnt find /home/user/mypackages ? now what do i do, what is a root run?

First, excuse me for possible (!) mistakes: my english may be aproximative...
A root run means you are able to write in x'terminal as root, so be carefull with everything you'll do, you will be able to make serious injuries to your N900...
To be able to write in the x-terminal as root, you have to download first the app Rootsh.
When this app is on you phone, you open x-terminal on the N900 and with the command sudo gainroot you're as root... and you can use the command in step 3 on this screen:

Home/user/mypackages has to be paste here:

because when you download the 2 packages, directly with your phone, in home/user/mydocs/mypackages, not in home/user/mypackages, they're here:

I use FileBox app to see, copy and paste folder in the right place (I choose to call it Bluetooth for me, not mypackages, on the screenshots).

For me, it works very well, with a Parrot MK9000i, in my car: sync is going fine everytime I change something in my contacts, when I start the car!
And so I have now all my contacts in the car, updated, with voice dialing, voice incomming, answering, rejecting calls!
Seems to doesn't work with Parrot MK6100, older than the MK9000i...

Many many thanks for this wonderfull upgrade for our phone!
I love Maemo.org!!!

Last edited by cevenn; 2010-10-19 at 00:26.

Hi.

I have a Volvo XC60. And that integrated carkit supports pbap.

So i installed pbap, but i doesen't seem to work.

Is there anyway for me to see that pbap is installed on my phone?

Originally Posted by cevenn View Post
Seems to doesn't work with Parrot MK6100, older than the MK9000i...
I have got a Parrot MK6000 and it works via IRMC (not via PBAP). See wiki page for reported car kits.

cevenn

thankyou verymuch for the information. i really appreciate your time. i will give it a try when my new kenwood head unit arrives and let you know how it goes.

thanks again

Toby

Posts: 192 | Thanked: 82 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ south of France
Originally Posted by trungttr View Post
Hi.

I have a Volvo XC60. And that integrated carkit supports pbap.

So i installed pbap, but i doesen't seem to work.

Is there anyway for me to see that pbap is installed on my phone?
May be if you try to paired them again?

Originally Posted by hschmitt View Post
I have got a Parrot MK6000 and it works via IRMC (not via PBAP). See wiki page for reported car kits.
I'll try to paired them again...
Don't you have any problem with Parrot and the N900?: for me, MK9000i and MK6100 are working great with phone, but doesn't work with music and Sygic: seems to loose sound on the car speakers when I use touchscreen, after few minutes...

Originally Posted by Nontechitoe View Post
cevenn

thankyou verymuch for the information. i really appreciate your time. i will give it a try when my new kenwood head unit arrives and let you know how it goes.

thanks again

Toby
You're welcome!!!

i didn't think about that.

i will try and pair them again.

thanks for the advice.

[QUOTE=cevenn;846775]May be if you try to paired them again?

It still didn't work.

Any other advise?

Originally Posted by cevenn View Post
I'll try to paired them again...
Don't you have any problem with Parrot and the N900?: for me, MK9000i and MK6100 are working great with phone, but doesn't work with music and Sygic: seems to loose sound on the car speakers when I use touchscreen, after few minutes...
I had some problems with my old SE mobil and Parrot MK6000 but I upgraded to the latest parrot firmware (1.3 something) and from there on it was gone.
Media player works perfectly over bluetooth. I regular listen to audiobooks for about 1h without any problem.

The Following User Says Thank You to hschmitt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Emmeloord, Netherlands
I've got an RNS 510 in my VW Golf VI GTI 2010 and it works!!!!

I can see the phonebook of my N900 now. Good work people!

Posts: 7 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Emmeloord, Netherlands
Small thing. When I turn on the bluetooth on my N900 during driving, my phone is not using the car speakers when i phone someone.Handsfree is not working. I can dial a number by my RNS 510, but you can only speak/hear through my N900. Can I solve this?

Tags
bada rox, bluetooth, carkit, contacts, irmc sync, pbap profile