Active Topics

Originally Posted by ossipena View Post
I stick to my statement, it seems that you didn't even understand that.
You are saying that the market has been declining for a while. why dont you read what I have made bold?

Posts: 185 | Thanked: 111 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Mexico DF, Mexico
Originally Posted by alcalde View Post
1. The only other horse is Android and then the market will be one iPhone and everything else Android. WP7 is like KDE4.0 and Windows Mobile is like KDE 3.5. It's going to take a little bit to get everything that was in the older version into the new one but a rewrite had to be done (unlike the "Symbian is forever" approach Nokia had).
Grotesque comparison, jejeje.
N900 registered as Linux Machine # 426325

Originally Posted by Creamy Goodness View Post
It's really simple man, go to google, type in "nokia stock" and look at it. It's never dropped that fast since april last year when "smartphone competition hits nokia, shares dive".
It's not normal, it's triggered by the news. Do yourself a favor and don't become an investor if you still don't get it
how do you still relate that 6 month old fall to Elops statement made weeks back?
re-read who I was answering to and why and what his question was

The Following User Says Thank You to somedude For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Helmuth View Post
I don't like Horses...

I would prefer a penguin!
http://www.lookatmyhorsemyhorseisamazing.com/

The Following User Says Thank You to somedude For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany

Originally Posted by somedude View Post
http://www.lookatmyhorsemyhorseisamazing.com/
I'm trying to imagine... S. Elop with topper and beard singing how amazing his new horse is.

Meego was finished. It was delayed on purpose because the manage ment/board didn't want to bet on it, like they didn't bet on maemo.

Originally Posted by Daneel View Post
Meego was finished. It was delayed on purpose because the manage ment/board didn't want to bet on it, like they didn't bet on maemo.
If the so called N9 v01 didn't have 1GB RAM and dual-core CPU, I understand well why they sacked it. It would had been embarrassing in Barcelona WMC compared for example to Samsung Galaxy S2.

Originally Posted by zimon View Post
If the so called N9 v01 didn't have 1GB RAM and dual-core CPU, I understand well why they sacked it. It would had been embarrassing in Barcelona WMC compared for example to Samsung Galaxy S2.
Yes, but it would not have been better with WP7.
Nokia HARDWARE also doesn't really look competitive for Smartphones.
- Screens small
- Cameras not as good as Samsung (Smile / Face detection? / Video post processing?)
- AMOLED?
- Dual processors? Quad cores?

WP7 will not change this. In 2012 Samsung, HTC, Apple will come up with quadcores, 32GB memory, 4'' and larger screens, and Android that more and more resembles a touchpad OS instead a mobile OS.

And Nokia? Will start selling WP7 instead of Maemo ....

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wiener For This Useful Post:
Posts: 519 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ North Carolina (Formerly Denmark and Iceland)
Originally Posted by exo View Post
"If I save a PDF file from the browser, the PDF file is now stuck inside the browser app, I cant use another app to access it. I would have to e-mail it to myself, or use some file transfer program to take it out and transfer it to the reader/annotation app."
Or dump the URL into the reader app.
Besides it being a dumb solution, how are you going to "dump the URL into the reader app" without copy/paste?

Originally Posted by olighak View Post
Besides it being a dumb solution, how are you going to "dump the URL into the reader app" without copy/paste?
I'm not saying it's a good solution, im saying it's a compromise - and a widely acceptable one given the abundance of devices that employ such a system. The fact is most people will make such compromises for the added security.

Copy and Paste is a separate issue completely unrelated to the sandboxing of applications - i just threw it out there as an easy mechanism for approaching the problem - though it is available in almost all platforms that do such sandboxing sans WP7 which gets it by the second week of March 2011, of course this would be well before any Nokia WP7 devices will even be announced.

Tags
a hoax, alcalde babble, bla bla bla, micronokiasoft, nokia sux nuts, nokia=epic fail, plan(a-z), plan(t)