Closed Thread
Posts: 66 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by yakub762 View Post
So what should i do now ???
First backup the stuff you want to.
Then reflash!

Posts: 29 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Twente, NL
Why should he do a reflash??
reboot the phone en don't use the java port anymore.

Hello Scorpius
I installed Yappari and used the country code (+961) for Lebanon and put my number
after 7 seconds i can see that its always showing ( Connecting) and it remains like this.
plz help

Last edited by nicolaselmir; 2012-06-05 at 12:31.

Posts: 66 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Netherlands
@Kaamp because he registerd his whatsapp?

And to know for sure he doesn't get any problems, he could do a flash.

Posts: 29 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Twente, NL
I had them both installed at the same time. no problems there.
just don't use them at the same time.
thougt flashing was a bit drastic but wil do the trick.

Is there an option that i can disable notifications?
I don't like it in a group-conversation.

And another thing, am I the only one who sees in group converations only the number of the creator of the group and a group-number. What I mean is that if anyone send a message, I'll see always the same numer...

Originally Posted by zwevert View Post
Is there an option that i can disable notifications?
I don't like it in a group-conversation.

And another thing, am I the only one who sees in group converations only the number of the creator of the group and a group-number. What I mean is that if anyone send a message, I'll see always the same numer...
Well, I've never got a group conversation to work! Is it supposed to work?

Posts: 461 | Thanked: 358 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bilbao (Basque Country [Spain])
Read The Focking Manual First Post (RTFFP):

"So far only includes basic messaging."

Group conversations not supported yet so it's normal you have that bug. I suppose that Scorpius add that feature after completing actual Todo list.

PD: Yes, I am being rude, but too much people is not reading the first post and then making questions already answered.

Last edited by malkavian; 2012-06-05 at 21:23.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to malkavian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Feb 2012 @ Taipei, Taiwan
Hello,

Finally, I can use whatsapp on N900. I am using mscim to type chinese in other program. But Yappari seems not support mscim. Is Yappari possible support mscim?

Posts: 268 | Thanked: 1,053 times | Joined on May 2010 @ The Netherlands
Scorpius, thank you for your effort put into this application! As much as I dislike proprietary protocols, I'm somewhat forced to use WhatsApp lately, and Yappari does a great job at providing its features.

Registration went smoothly and the UI looks nice and clean. I really like how you've kept everything as native to Fremantle as possible .

A few observations:
  • The text in the input box will always get sent whenever it loses focus (e.g. when I switch to another application or try to insert a special symbol).
  • Yappari consumes a lot of CPU when a group conversation is joined (>30% at 250MHz). I know group conversations aren't supported yet, but I thought I'd report this anyway.
  • I've had Yappari crash once when I received a message in a group chat. The phone vibrated, the notification was shown, but when closing the notification (before opening the conversation window itself), Yappari crashed.

Anyway, I must say I'm impressed by the quality of the application, even though it's currently in alpha phase. Keep up the good work!
Also, I encourage you to open up the source, but I'm sure you have your reasons to not do so at this stage.

Last edited by iDont; 2012-06-05 at 16:56. Reason: Grammar

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iDont For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
alpha, awesomeness, best_client, let_it_die, mumbai_dumbai, read_first_post, whatsapp