Active Topics

Notices

Closed Thread
Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
Originally Posted by s4br0s0 View Post
This is going to be by the user (option on "menu") or automatically (do it by the app when start)?

Greetings.
An option under Settings in the menu.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
i was at 0.0.23 and after installing 0.0.25 i am back up and running

0.0.23 was not connecting before

0.0.23 uses an old protocol that has been blocked by WhatsApp.

thanks scorpius...if that's the case... it was blocked less than a day ago as I was perfectly using it yesterday.

I just had the problem again where Yappari would think it was still connected even when changing connections, but this time I decided to post a log in case there was anything useful in there

My n900 was connected by my home wifi connection, but my broadband connection went down so I disconnected from wifi and connected to my 3g connection. Even when I was disconnected from all networks for 30 secs or more Yappari still thought it was logged in ok.

log at: http://82.70.138.242/~adamf/yappari.log.txt

Yappari seems to have got network connections mixed up. In the log file it looks like I was disconnecting and then reconnecting to the same wifi connection every time, but I was actually switching between wifi and 3G - and staying disconnected for at least 10 secs each time. All the time Yappari shows "Logged in".

on line 17 I disconnected my wifi, line 18 connected to 3G. Then I tried to send a message but it didn't work. Line 60 I disconnected my 3G, 61 connected wifi, 62 disconnect wifi, 66 connect to 3G again.

When it is working properly and I switch to 3G I see the message:

Network activated: Vodafone Internet GPRS
Network connection changed: Online

and a lot of other messages as it logs in again.

It is very weird, but the log says you only connect/disconnect from your Wifi and not using any other connection. There's something really weird in your phone (that definitely doesn't happen to me).

I would try going to Settings -> Internet Connections -> Connections and delete all the Wifi connections there.

Then create again your WiFi connection and try again.

For the first tests leave the Connect automatically to "Always Ask".

Usually Yappari can see the connection changing properly, after restarting Yappari now everything is working fine again and I can switch between wifi and 3G with no problem. I think that Yappari got confused because it was sending some data at the same time my ADSL stopped working. To the n900 the connection to wifi looked ok, but it was my router which had disconnected.

>> 10001dc62febff487b16c8c7e6dfb9b0257e8e027d0069b7f6 2a8ee31b5a0bf8

Does this mean Yappari had sent something to the server? This would have been sent at about the same time my ADSL went down.

Posts: 7 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Oct 2012 @ ahmedabad india
HI Scorpius,

I was egarly waiting for the new version and to see new updates in yappari pls tell me when you are launching it.

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ united states
Hi

A great effort by one for the benefit of many. I am recent user of N900 and started with java port and on to Yappari. I have JRE installed and Yappari v0.0.25. Installed via

(as root)
dpkg -i yappari_0.0.25_armel.deb

I have error registering and log is attached. Any feedback is appreciated.

[BUpdated CSS Stable and still seeing error. Latest log attached.[/B]

Last edited by ixahmd; 2012-11-01 at 20:29. Reason: Upgraded to CSS-Stable 4.1

i have the same issue with the same circumstances.

thanks a lot for this.
any place to donate?

Edit: After reading further on the first page, I noticed that I need to be a "user of the current Whatsapp Java Port". Does this still stand? If yes, what port are we talking about? Can I install it now, or did I screw everything by installing yappari first?
Attached Files
File Type: txt yappari-log.txt (4.5 KB, 85 views)

Last edited by Xananax; 2012-11-01 at 13:57.

Closed Thread

Tags
alpha, awesomeness, best_client, let_it_die, mumbai_dumbai, read_first_post, whatsapp