Active Topics

Posts: 315 | Thanked: 64 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Montreal, canada
Originally Posted by Nitchers View Post
I'm not at home just now, i'm away on a 3 day course so the device not being shipped doesn't bother me. what bothers me is the fact i was told stone cold lies everyday for over a week. The device will come when it's ready i'm fine with that but the lies that Nokia have spun is unforgivable. In a word... cocksockets!
What will you do, are you still counting how many sleep left? or at wich number will you restart when you hit 0?

Posts: 29 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Nov 2009 @ NokiaLand
phone stores in finland says its week 48 and 50,nokias own webshop says it starts deviliring week 48 and thats in finland..so it goes to december..

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
@eiffel:

Not knowing who 'Peter' is I would think twice, if I was Nokia, before putting him infront of potential customers

Also, it's sort of odd to provide 300 loaners with the intention of getting additional feedback - the same month that the phone is about to be released.... It seems like the release date always was unrealistic and I guess that blame should go to the marketing department.
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

Last edited by silvermountain; 2009-11-09 at 16:53.

Posts: 315 | Thanked: 64 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Montreal, canada
Nokia was saying end of october until the beginning of november so when December arrive we will tell them to adjust to end of december on their website

Posts: 716 | Thanked: 303 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Sheffield, UK
Originally Posted by tanekray View Post
What makes me laugh is that this is the first time I've ever pre-ordered anything!
What makes me laugh is people who say "I will never pre-order from Nokia again".

Can someone please explain to me at which point pre-ordering was supposed to make ANY difference at all to the release date? The only point of pre-ordering is so that you get it ASAP which will still be the case even if they delayed it a thousand times. You are getting exactly what you signed up for, the device as soon as its available.

Nobody made you pre-order, nobody signed a contract declaring that by pre-ordering you are absolutely guaranteed it will release on X date. Unfortunately being told verbally it will definitely release on X date is no guarantee and you should know better than to think it is.

Last edited by Alex Atkin UK; 2009-11-09 at 16:55.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Alex Atkin UK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
Originally Posted by Alex Atkin UK View Post
What makes me laugh is people who say "I will never pre-order from Nokia again".

Can someone please explain to me at which point pre-ordering was supposed to make ANY difference at all to the release date? The only point of pre-ordering is so that you get it ASAP which will still be the case even if they delayed it a thousand times.

Nobody made you pre-order, nobody signed a contract declaring that by pre-ordering you are absolutely guaranteed it will release on X date. Unfortunately being told verbally it will definitely release on X date is no guarantee, unless you are planning to take them the court over breach of verbal contract to which there is no guarantee you would win and certainly not unless you can prove you have lost money due to the delay.
what your saying would be true if they never announced a date for pre-order shipments but they did and people ordered b/c they was under the impression they would get it for mid October like Nokia stated, now that date as changed several times people have the right to be pissed off

The Following User Says Thank You to NvyUs For This Useful Post:
Any news from Amazon USA?

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ München, DE
Originally Posted by Erebo View Post
Any news from Amazon USA?
Nice joke.

Originally Posted by hypnotik View Post
Business day is almost over in Europe... doubt they'd publish a press release after hours.
um, you do realize I was joking right?

Posts: 71 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Brighton, UK
17 minutes until close of business here in the UK.

I'm not going to cancel my pre-order, because sods law says that if I did, Nokia would ship the day after!

Tags
bumped by idiot?, impatience, n900 release, strange