Poll: Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?
Poll Options
Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?

Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
Originally Posted by SalmanAbbas View Post
so no need to aplly oll those 5 updates after installing N11?
That is correct.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to stlpaul For This Useful Post:
Hi guys, I posted a couple of hours earlier that after following the instructions in the wiki for N11,I cant boot to android anymore. I triedto re-install N11 again to ensure I had not made any errors and I think I may know why it is'nt booting properly but I'm not sure how to fix it??

Hopefully that is where you guys come in..anyway, this time i realised that after I punched into xterm 'tar xvf /home/user/MyDocs/N11_Vostok.tar' it begins to unpack the file but after...
'sbin/killall5'

xterm says...

'sdcard
tar: cannot remove old file sdcard: Is a directory'

What do i do???
your help is appreciated.

Posts: 156 | Thanked: 29 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Pakistan
"Hi guys, I posted a couple of hours earlier that after following the instructions in the wiki for N11,I cant boot to android anymore. I triedto re-install N11 again to ensure I had not made any errors and I think I may know why it is'nt booting properly but I'm not sure how to fix it??

Hopefully that is where you guys come in..anyway, this time i realised that after I punched into xterm 'tar xvf /home/user/MyDocs/N11_Vostok.tar' it begins to unpack the file but after...
'sbin/killall5'

xterm says...

'sdcard

What do i do???
your help is appreciated."

i hav the same problem.Any ideas?

Posts: 196 | Thanked: 169 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Bosnia /Sarajevo
LOOK THIS !!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dqaIQO_T3s

this is really possible on N900 ??? :-)))) :-)
Thanks to everyone who participated in this project NITDroid 11 to make this thing was available enthusiasts N900, my best phone I've ever had

Posts: 1,918 | Thanked: 3,118 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ My pants
Originally Posted by nkirk View Post
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...90,2879-2.html

nkirk.
Thanks bro, this was really helpful.

The Following User Says Thank You to ammyt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,918 | Thanked: 3,118 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ My pants
Originally Posted by elie-7 View Post
LOOKING FOR SOME cod ACTION HA ?? well my crappy laptop's gaming card can play COD modern warfare 2
COD modern warfare 2 plays at 70fps with my Radeon HD 3845, but the 3845 got a lil bit outdated

The Following User Says Thank You to ammyt For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by SalmanAbbas View Post
"Hi guys, I posted a couple of hours earlier that after following the instructions in the wiki for N11,I cant boot to android anymore. I triedto re-install N11 again to ensure I had not made any errors and I think I may know why it is'nt booting properly but I'm not sure how to fix it??

'sbin/killall5'

xterm says...

'sdcard
from the /and directory check that the folder 'sdcard' is empty and rmdir sdcard and rerun the tar..

Last edited by shady; 2011-04-14 at 22:46.

Originally Posted by shady View Post
from the /and directory check that the folder 'sdcard' is empty and rmdir sdcard and rerun the tar..
Thank you, I remember you were in a similar situation to me earlier, looks like you sorted it out.

Sorry to be such an idiot

But how do i do that on xterm

if you follow these instructions:

root
cd /home/user/MyDocs
bzip2 -d N11_Vostok.tar.bz2
cd /home
mkdir /and
cd /
mount /home /and
cd /and
tar xvf /home/user/MyDocs/N11_Vostok.tar

this is where your install fails with the above msg, you should be in a directory "/and" nested in that directory is another folder called "/sdcard" use the commadn rmdir in the next blank command line like "rmdir /sdcard" (you should really make sure its empty first) and then run this line:

tar xvf /home/user/MyDocs/N11_Vostok.tar

again (press the up arrow a few times and you dont have to retype it) this should get past the bump. mind you when you boot the first time it can take about 10 minutes.

as an aside, is the GPS locating anyone else in russia? is google talk working?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shady For This Useful Post:
Fantastic!!
Thank you Shady....I've spent all day trying to figure out what was going wrong never thought it would be that simple. While I was searching for the right answer I found out a lot about the operating system aswell so thats a bonus.

Thanks again

Tags
community win, mor*nicindians, nitdroid