Active Topics

Closed Thread
Posts: 1,306 | Thanked: 1,697 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Durham North-East UK
I will have to check that. I'm still having issues getting my own kernel to even load.. how is everyone compiling the kernels here ? None of mine boot

Posts: 163 | Thanked: 175 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Alabama
Originally Posted by dj_steve View Post
I will have to check that. I'm still having issues getting my own kernel to even load.. how is everyone compiling the kernels here ? None of mine boot
I downloaded the kernel from the maemo 5 sdk, which gave me kernel_2.6.28.orig.tar.gz and kernel_2.6.28-20094102.3+0m5.diff

After extracting the kernel and patching it with the diff file I had a working kernel. From there I patched it with the android kernel patches.

Your situation is a little different from mine since your using the n810 with a mainline kernel. Maybe the original nitdroid_kernel.config will give you an idea of which one to use.

Useful links for newcomers: New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

If I can help with anything else, just ask!

yep looked at the config its based off 2.6.28. It has loadable module support so may be able to load modules to the kernel that way

Posts: 176 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ Mars
ok i am a new n900 user willing to test anything on my device i supose i got to fill the 48 gb with something.do you think we can have a stable release of android on n900 soon? allways dreamed of android running on nseries tablets as i have had them all n900 being my current device.the main thing that i think is if it happens it should be a easy installation this will ensure instalation to the masses good luck i will be watching very close.

i am trying to get all sort of os-s on my n900 just to shut the f up my iphone friends and their constant response "it doesnt even have native mms support" (dont know why this is so important!?)

i am looking at those instruction for android and got scared i dont even know where to get bootmenu (cant find files in the garage)

anybody want to help the noobie?

ill leave a howto up to bdogg. as for getting a workingos etc running well thats going to take work.

has anyone got access to a full technical data doc for the n8x0 and n900 tablets showing what chips do what so i can try and find kernel modules for them/android edits

Posts: 176 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ Mars
can we have a working and not working list in each devices as updates come out make it look clean and easy to keep track of.and a easy to understand guide for instalations so even noobs can find it easy to follow.

www.nitdroid.com has a fairly well organized list of what is and is not workin

EDIT:

this looks like it may be useful > my current error <3>soc_camera: version magic '2.6.32 preempt mod_unload ARMv6 ' should be '2.6.28-nitdroid preempt mod_unload ARMv6 '

that error is what i expected to get and easyily fixed (ignore the modulei was just compiling a small module as test(for the n8x0 camera) ) so im tryign to compile sound subsystem now as module see if i can import it to a running kernel

Last edited by dj_steve; 2010-03-06 at 16:14.

Posts: 163 | Thanked: 175 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Alabama
Originally Posted by dj_steve View Post
www.nitdroid.com has a fairly well organized list of what is and is not workin

EDIT:

this looks like it may be useful > my current error <3>soc_camera: version magic '2.6.32 preempt mod_unload ARMv6 ' should be '2.6.28-nitdroid preempt mod_unload ARMv6 '

that error is what i expected to get and easyily fixed (ignore the modulei was just compiling a small module as test(for the n8x0 camera) ) so im tryign to compile sound subsystem now as module see if i can import it to a running kernel
Here is a page I used that has very good references for the N900.

http://www.natisbad.org/N900/n900-co...are-specs.html

Useful links for newcomers: New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

If I can help with anything else, just ask!

Originally Posted by bdogg64 View Post
Here is a page I used that has very good references for the N900.

http://www.natisbad.org/N900/n900-co...are-specs.html
sweet cheers also think i may of found half the problem with BT on the n8x0 too.......

hci_h4p hci_h4p: firmware: requesting bc4fw.bin

that firmware doesn seem to exist anywherre though :S

Closed Thread