Notices

Posts: 466 | Thanked: 142 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Temple Terrorist, FL
Thanks Arnim. I was able to download 2 of the files, but the following link for libruby is broken.

http://pupnik.de/ruby/libruby1.8_1.8...emo3_armel.deb
Apple 68k Mac: Basilisk II
Commodore 64: Frodo
Palm OS: Access GarnetVM
TI-89 Calculator: TiEmu 2

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Hey OSEmuTech.

You know, I think I remember reading somewhere that the first 2008 beta version worked really well with Xkbd. Maybe that's something you could look into if you don't mind using an older version.

So, is there any way to pull up the default virtual keyboard while running Dosbox?

If there is a way to do this and keep it running, maybe we should look into modifying that keyboard instead, especially if it works while Dosbox is in full screen mode.

Here's a post I found:
http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...ad.php?t=14698

I've got a little free time the next few days. If you want, maybe you and I could get together some time and perhaps build a new keyboard using this method.

Any chance you'd be interested in this?

Oh and thanks ArnimS for being such a good sport about my previous posts on the keyboard being one pixel off and wanting to correct that.

I seriously was half expecting a response from you such as
"WTF OCD meds are you on mental boy?!!?!"

Cheers guys!

Possibly. I work on Saturday and get drunk on Sunday (after 17 years I'm drinking again thanks to this tech support job). I just completed getting the Maemo 3.2 SDK installed on my crappy laptop running Windows 2000 and andLinux/Scratchbox. I was hoping to spend some time trying to port Basilisk II to Bora with full screen, GUI configurator, and hildonization. As the bulk of the programs I love work on OS 2007 and quite a few don't work on OS 2008 (yet?) I'll probably be sticking with Bora until I buy a second NIT.

Well OSEmuTech, that's not going to work out very well since I'm also getting drunk on Sunday.

Now that you mention it, you probably could have rifled off any day of the week and I would still say the same thing.

I'm not proud of this, but I think that beer is about the only thing I ever eat these days. Never underestimate the power of denial!

So I won't bother you again while you're working on your current project, I just thought that perhaps we would make a good team together.

But now, realizing that both of us would probably be drunk every time we talked, maybe we shouldn't hook up.

Anyway, is there anyone that can get it up and keep it up?

Gentlemen, gentlemen, please.... I'm talking about the virtual keyboard you bunch of sick, filthy animals.

If someone knows how to get the keyboard to come up while in Dosbox, would you care to try this? I don't know the command to do so.

If it doesn't work, then we can forget this whole idea.

But yeah, someone please try to pull up the virtual keyboard while running Dosbox and see if this even does anything.

Thanks to whatever egghead that can do this.

Originally Posted by Addison View Post
Gentlemen, gentlemen, please.... I'm talking about the virtual keyboard you bunch of sick, filthy animals.

If someone knows how to get the keyboard to come up while in Dosbox, would you care to try this? I don't know the command to do so.
Oh yes you would think there would be a way. There's got to be somebody able to figure this out. I've got a sinking feeling though if it could be done then ArnimS, our resident genius guru god of goodness, would have done it long ago. I'm still crossing my fingers though.

Posts: 1,107 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Germany
Originally Posted by OSEmuTech View Post
Thanks Arnim. I was able to download 2 of the files, but the following link for libruby is broken.

http://pupnik.de/ruby/libruby1.8_1.8...emo3_armel.deb
Sorry. My bad... The files are up now.

Huh? Xkbd should launch upon dosbox start. Then you can minimize it and restore it. I don't understand what you want to do. If you want dosbox to launch with a different layout, then edit /usr/bin/dosboxkbd.

Last edited by ArnimS; 2008-03-09 at 00:08.

The Following User Says Thank You to ArnimS For This Useful Post:
Huh? Xkbd should launch upon dosbox start. Then you can minimize it and restore it. I don't understand what you want to do. If you want dosbox to launch with a different layout, then edit /usr/bin/dosboxkbd.
I'm talking about the default virtual keyboard that pops up whenever you want to type something in Notes, X-term, the internet, etc. I think it's called matchbox but I'm not sure.

But yeah, I was wondering if that keyboard can be pulled up during Dosbox, and if so, would it even work correctly.

Now do you get it?

Posts: 1,107 | Thanked: 720 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Germany
Oh, the standard hildon popup keyboard. Not gonna happen by my hand.

Thank you Arnim!

But on the settings screen, should I be allowed to check more than one checkbox? I can only check one and after saving, then re-editing the checkbox isn't checked.

And when I click on Run, the GUI disappears for a split second, then reappears, with no DOSBox session (even when RubyBox is "minimized" so I can see what else is running).

It's no biggie to get it fixed (if it is broken on OS 2007) on my account as I can use an old program called Direct Access 5 as a semi-GUI for DOS.

I've been meaning to try out the free Calmira user interface for Windows 3.1x on DOSBox too.

Last edited by OSEmuTech; 2008-03-09 at 00:56.

O.K. I edited every option in settings in the hope that not having everything filled in was causing DOSBox not to launch. But it still doesn't launch.

And when I exit RubyBox and then relaunch it, the settings for the "game" are not saved from the previous session.