Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 800 | Thanked: 957 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ India
Originally Posted by Helmuth View Post
What about marking the podcast only automatically as "heard" if it was heard completly at Panucci and otherwise only as "heard partial".
I came here meaning to ask about this.
Yeah, similarity, how about when we start the app, a button for "last unfinished play"? ie, it will show the podcast that we were listening to last time but didn't finish.

Also, is there a queuing feature, where we can queue up multiple episodes to be played in sequence?

How do we add vlc to the list of media players?

Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by ejasmudar View Post
I came here meaning to ask about this.
Yeah, similarity, how about when we start the app, a button for "last unfinished play"? ie, it will show the podcast that we were listening to last time but didn't finish.
Can you provide mock-ups of where and how this button should be displayed?

Originally Posted by ejasmudar View Post
Also, is there a queuing feature, where we can queue up multiple episodes to be played in sequence?
Not yet.

Originally Posted by geohsia View Post
How do we add vlc to the list of media players?
Close gPodder. Edit ~/.config/gpodder/gpodder.conf and set "player" and/or "videoplayer" to "vlc" (if that's what the binary is called). After that, start gPodder and it should work. Please note that playback status tracking is not supported with VLC currently.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,259 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Germany
I'm currently using gPodder 2.8.
I was at the last version able to update a single Podcast. When I open now a podcast and press "nach neuen episoden suchen" (search for updates?) I get only a reminder that there are at example 5 new updates for this podcast and when I tap on it I get the complete list of the aviable updates of all stored podcasts. Not the list to select the casts I want to download for the single podcast I have selected.

Am I doing something wrong?

EDIT: Bug report created: 11377

Last edited by Helmuth; 2010-10-08 at 13:42.

Originally Posted by Helmuth View Post
I'm currently using gPodder 2.8.
I was at the last version able to update a single Podcast. When I open now a podcast and press "nach neuen episoden suchen" (search for updates?) I get only a reminder that there are at example 5 new updates for this podcast and when I tap on it I get the complete list of the aviable updates of all stored podcasts. Not the list to select the casts I want to download for the single podcast I have selected.

Am I doing something wrong?
Report this as a bug on bugs.maemo.org (Extras/gPodder) and I'll have a look at it when I've got some time

The Following User Says Thank You to thp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 800 | Thanked: 957 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ India
Originally Posted by thp View Post
Can you provide mock-ups of where and how this button should be displayed?

Ok. Mockup is attached.
Attached Images

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ejasmudar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Originally Posted by cipper View Post
the best podcast app for maemo. but please allow to disable notifications, at least when manually updating!!
Yes, I can see that the notification feature is useful for people who keep gPodder running in the background all the time, but not for people (like me) who don't.

I use settings:
  • Check for new episodes: Manually
  • When new episodes are found: Show episode list
With the old version, I would run gPodder, click the "Check for new episodes" button, then end up at the list of podcasts to download (in my case, usually just one episode to download).

When the new version, I run gPodder, click the "Check for new episodes" button, just as before. However now I either have to be keep an eye on the screen and quickly click the yellow notification in the top-left at the correct time to reach the window showing me the new episodes, or if I miss that, I have to click the task switcher button then click on the yellow thumbnail window. For me, this is a decrease in usability.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pelago For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by thp View Post
Close gPodder. Edit ~/.config/gpodder/gpodder.conf and set "player" and/or "videoplayer" to "vlc" (if that's what the binary is called). After that, start gPodder and it should work. Please note that playback status tracking is not supported with VLC currently.
Thanks. After I edit the file, when I start a video, VLC starts but then nothing happens.

How do I added it to the list of available media players? Since VLC is still very much in development I might have to switch back to mPlayer or the default Media Player. Plus, right now it doesn't seem to be able to play the videos. I tried playing a few streams but nothing.

Is it just me that are having problems with:
* downloads that seem to freeze.. But I think they actually do complete
* and "Downloads Idle" even when downloads are running.. ?

Tags
fremantle, gpodder, maemo 5, not android, podcast, testing