Here's my boring setup.
Boring? No wallpaper with an Evo can be boring

Is that your Evo?

Posts: 739 | Thanked: 159 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Germany - Munich
Openbox with fbpanel and xmms+gkrellm running
Attached Images

pretty basic but, hey it mine
Attached Images

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Originally Posted by megami View Post
I followed this mailing list post: http://lists.maemo.org/pipermail//ma...ry/008480.html , the second
setup described there to be more exact.

Since it is rather vague (and the Debian armel port status changed in the mean time from unofficial and
just starting off to semi-official and quite mature) I've written a howto about this topic in the maemo wiki.

It can be found here - https://maemo.org/community/wiki/debianarmel_on_it/.

I have more screenshots too : http://www.flickr.com/photos/2254523...7603649694490/

One problem with this setup is that it's not all that useful in the long run, even if it does work okay. I may sound wrong but I think that everything that could and needed to be ported to maemo has already been ported anyway
Thanks for that wiki howto! I've been following the steps myself, and there are changes needed to update your wiki, especially when setting it up for OS2008. For instance, the method for putting ext2 on the memory card is slightly different, and the armel-root-fs needs a full "apt-get dist-upgrade"

Is there anywhere I can send these suggested updates? Also, what window manager is best for the N8x0? I see KDE has been successfully ported, would this method work to run KDE? Of the lightweight WMs you suggest, which is the most robust?

Posts: 282 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Penniless Park, Fla.

just to revive this thread, here's my n810 running KDE
Attached Images

Originally Posted by GearJammer View Post
pretty basic but, hey it mine
Nice. Is that OS2008? If so, where did you get the desktop quicklauncher with working transparency?

Posts: 1,012 | Thanked: 817 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ France
working transparency?
I think there is no transparency ... as the background is blank at this position ... this is not a problem

Originally Posted by bexley View Post
Nice. Is that OS2008? If so, where did you get the desktop quicklauncher with working transparency?
yes that is OS2008 as for the launcher it is simple launcher, I think that I got it from the Maemo garage... you can just do a search for it here or on Maemo.org
however like Khertan said, that isn't working transparency I just got lucky enough that the generic background color of the simple launcher happens to match my background. oh and it doesn't actually work right all the time either, as there is really 5 items on the launcher but the 5th one is hidden, as a quick generic fix

The Following User Says Thank You to GearJammer For This Useful Post:
This is my current wallpaper...

Tags
bora, chinook, desktop, diablo, insane emulation, maemo, maemo 2, maemo 3, maemo 4, picture, pictures, screens getting shot, screenshots