Active Topics

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Originally Posted by misterc View Post
apologises
even though i never saw it until a few minutes ago you were 200% on the mark!
the only thing daperl ever cared about was having the last post.
guess after 4 yrs you learned a thing or two, huh

well, 'til that super plug-in comes out () the common ignore list will have to do ¦-)
yes for sure she and ysss the same so for me it is very exciting to be able to get rid of them alltogether.

The weirdist part about it and the bit that got me really excited was the fact that one of them 2 are giving us the very means to do so, WOW it thrills me even to type this hahahaha.

But seriously talking it is now very clear why this community does not move forward and it is actually thanks to the likes of ysss and daperl with the way they treat people on here, the main reason i think many have got fed up and left.

We move one step forward then in come the sarcastic crew and push everything back a hundred steps.

Weird thing is though that no one with the authority seems to even see this on here.

I say get rid of the current council and get people in with the qualities much needed to push Maemo.org in the direction it really needs.

I did read though that apparently nobody would come forward to volunteer for the current council and as a result we end up with the dead end we have currently and it really is going nowhere.

If an analysis is done about all the bad posts on this forum, and the people who thank them as that is a dead give away, you will soon begin to realise just why the problems we have are not only here but getting a lot lot worse.

Everything good has now left for the few of us who are genuine in progress have to put up with the likes of ysss and daperl, people like daneel and all the flame war starters who post stupid pictures to get it all going, then the thanks come and before you know it you got .... chaos.

My poll thread will give you some examples of how they hijack and create mayhem and that got closed because of this by chemist.

Do a post search of these members and go right through them and you will see clearly what i am on about here.

Then do a search on who they have thanked and who have thanked them, a pattern will form very quickly and this is what needs to be stamped out on this forum, so yes i say get rid of the offenders and we might just have what we all really want.... progress !!!!.

sometimes it feels like misterc is the alterego of abill_uk (the mpd kind, like edward norton for brad pitt in the movie - fight club)

Originally Posted by IcyMoustache View Post
sometimes it feels like misterc is the alterego of abill_uk (the mpd kind, like edward norton for brad pitt in the movie - fight club)

Just because 2 people have similar views would come across as "Alter ego" and did you know your just as sarcastic as ysss and daperl? and that means you will be joining the list also as your another disruptive member that like to preach and think they are god !.

Originally Posted by IcyMoustache View Post

sorry, fight club never made it into my collection...
anything i have seen (with Edward Norton) this may relate to?
  • The Illusionist
  • Kingdom of Heaven
  • The Italian Job
  • Red Dragon
  • Death to Smoochy
  • The Score
  • Primal Fear
?

sorry, fight club never made it into my collection...
anything i have seen (with Edward Norton) this may relate to?
  • The Illusionist
  • Kingdom of Heaven
  • The Italian Job
  • Red Dragon
  • Death to Smoochy
  • The Score
  • Primal Fear
?
OH i think you scared him off you bully

i wonder, how long shall i (we) wonder

Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
But seriously talking it is now very clear why this community does not move forward and it is actually thanks to the likes of ysss and daperl with the way they treat people on here, the main reason i think many have got fed up and left.
not sure this is the only or even primary reason for ppl to leave the Maemo community...
Reggie hosts those forums on his own server(s) and uses two "badges" (talk.maemo.org and forums.internetablettalk.com) for it. i don't think serious developer bother about the forums that much; seems more like an appendix, an outhouse, maybe? >¦-)

We move one step forward then in come the sarcastic crew and push everything back a hundred steps.

Weird thing is though that no one with the authority seems to even see this on here.
dada's N950 is used as a primary phone...
what do you think we can do if even NOKIA tolerates that kind of hypocrisy? the whole "taking part in the MeeGo competition" was nothing else but a stunt to get a new phone

Originally Posted by daperl View Post
The n950 is beyond cool. After I solved an initial call UI problem, I made it my primary phone. That was unexpected. Via bluetooth, transferring n900 contacts and calendar took all of two minutes. If someone doesn't beat me to it, maybe later I'll write a transfer script for the phone and messaging logs. I use static WiFi IP addresses in my house, so email took a little longer while I figured out that I also had to manually configure the WiFi DNS. The usual stuff.

Anyway, it rocks. Now, back to my code...

[...]
I say get rid of the current council and get people in with the qualities much needed to push Maemo.org in the direction it really needs.

I did read though that apparently nobody would come forward to volunteer for the current council and as a result we end up with the dead end we have currently and it really is going nowhere.

If an analysis is done about all the bad posts on this forum, and the people who thank them as that is a dead give away, you will soon begin to realise just why the problems we have are not only here but getting a lot lot worse.
don't throw the baby out with the bathwater...
see 1st part; forums are not that important
i think the council does a lot more then shows on this threads.
everybody needs to come to the outhouse, but only when needed, right? but...
honestly, if you weren't looking for some future for your N900, would you come to those threads?

Everything good has now left for the few of us who are genuine in progress have to put up with the likes of ysss and daperl, people like daneel and all the flame war starters who post stupid pictures to get it all going, then the thanks come and before you know it you got .... chaos.

My poll thread will give you some examples of how they hijack and create mayhem and that got closed because of this by chemist.

Do a post search of these members and go right through them and you will see clearly what i am on about here.

Then do a search on who they have thanked and who have thanked them, a pattern will form very quickly and this is what needs to be stamped out on this forum, so yes i say get rid of the offenders and we might just have what we all really want.... progress !!!!.
can't do
all the IDs you listed are on my ignore list (among others)
can't see their posts alas

relax, make use of the available features, they are more then enough to keep them @ bay.
was part of the exercise yesterday too, pointing out that all that fuss about new features was absolutely useless... tried to do it constructively but even so, i think i achieve my goal ¦-)

OH i think you scared him off you bully
yeah, some of them sound really bad, don't they ¦-)))))))))
how bad a bully i must be if i watch that kind of movies

i wonder, how long shall i (we) wonder

not sure this is the only or even primary reason for ppl to leave the Maemo community...
Reggie hosts those forums on his own server(s) and uses two "badges" (talk.maemo.org and forums.internetablettalk.com) for it. i don't think serious developer bother about the forums that much; seems more like an appendix, an outhouse, maybe? >¦-)

dada's N950 is used as a primary phone...
what do you think we can do if even NOKIA tolerates that kind of hypocrisy? the whole "taking part in the MeeGo competition" was nothing else but a stunt to get a new phone

don't throw the baby out with the bathwater...
see 1st part; forums are not that important
i think the council does a lot more then shows on this threads.
everybody needs to come to the outhouse, but only when needed, right? but...
honestly, if you weren't looking for some future for your N900, would you come to those threads?

can't do
all the IDs you listed are on my ignore list (among others)
can't see their posts alas

relax, make use of the available features, they are more then enough to keep them @ bay.
was part of the exercise yesterday too, pointing out that all that fuss about new features was absolutely useless... tried to do it constructively but even so, i think i achieve my goal ¦-)
Well Nokia did the first part by closing down on Maemo as we all know but i honestly thought this community would step in where they failed but obviously not to be sadly
And i got this weird feeling that reggie will just shut the lot down one day after he realises nothing good is becoming of this .

I also think that when the commitee had no elected members that was a sign something was clearly wrong in that no new blood to take over the old and the reason it was important at that point to try and pull something out of nowhere for this community but what has happened is a slow degeneration and less interest so no i do not agree they have done even a little in the background because it would show on this community.

I think bringing MeeGo onto this site was a bad mistake as the "rivalry" started from the offset in the differences and betrayal of Maemo.

MeeGo was pushed to the limit onhere with 2 people in particular jumping into any thread they could and hijack it with the MeeGo project throwing people completely.
A perfect example is in the thread i started the poll for Maemo to be released to this community, it can still be read today as a prime example of thread hijacking.

"don't throw the baby out with the bathwater" i honestly think the water got threw out leaving the baby to cry because Nokia took good care of that situation

All in all i just get this feeling of emptiness because the N950 is loss situation for who's benifit?, yes everyone went mad to enter the dev comp to get one but it would serve much more of a purpose if it had Maemo upgraded and polished off as the new os for it.

I am at a loss now because what i see happenieng in the MeeGo dept is the ce project coming to an abrupt halt and MeeGo if any chance at all would be in the commercial sector certainly not oss.

All that is left really is the outcome of support for the N9 and that certainly does not look good even before it hits the market place.

Will this community take on that or will it carry on with the Maemo os? anyones guess if you ask me.

Last edited by abill_uk; 2011-08-06 at 11:33.

[...]
  • NOKIA vs community
    • the council
      it was already pointed out a few times, the members of the council are just guys like you & me; they most likely have a N900 or one of its predecessors, they have invested time mostly into improving one or several versions of OS200x and when the council was started, well, they stepped forward.
      they are not paid for their time, i don't think they have any advantage from it and, worst of all...
    • the community
      even if you take the forums out of the equation, leading an open source project is anything but a walk in the park
      like you pointed out, ppl come & go as they please, with nothing but their commitment to depend upon. i'm not saying they are (all) web junkies, most are serious, dedicated and hard working ppl who do this as a hobby, too, and have a great deal of satisfaction just by seeing it work & maybe getting an e-mail from a happy user every now and then
      still, considering the rather confused situation about
    • NOKIA's commitment
      even highly dedicated ppl may come to doubt.
      if on top of that they hit a snag (yes, like unable to access some critical closed source code...), they may well leave
      and the more qualified a dev is, the more likely s/he is to work on something around that, right?
      even though i came to that conclusion a few wks ago on the council thread, i wonder in how far NOKIA abandoned Maemo when they started with MeeGo
      they couldn't invest in the future of Maemo and MeeGo @ the same time, that would have been totally nuts (even though the final outcome, MeeGo/Harmattan isn't exactly clear cut in that respect, now, is it?)
      but even if they went MeeGo for future devices, it doesn't mean they don't support Maemo for legacy ones any more. obviously they have been paying the bills since, haven't they? and are committed to do so until next year...
  • Maemo vs. MeeGo
    • N950
      it's a developer device, really not consumer grade by NOKIA's standard. that a developer desperate to get a new phone uses it as such none the less, well, that's the person's issue. set with an even more dead-end device then us with the N900, because even though NOKIA is not providing firmwares any more, it is still in its best interest, even for its wp future, to be a trustworthy actor that supports (even via via) its products for several years, no?
      the N950 is never going to get any kind of upgrade which soever. and once the N9 comes out, that will become the developer device and the N950 will be left as a unsupported piece of technological junk
    • N900 vs N9
      is the N9 the N900's successor? obviously not.
      will be a possible contender for the apple? maybe
      i have a couple news alert around all that & there seems to be a real buzz about the possibility. what will be, will be, right?
    • Maemo vs. MeeGo
      like i said before, one is the past, the other the future.
      they may still coexist in the present for some time, no?

you can see how nuts i am, hoping anyone is going to read all that ¦-)))))))))))))))
le'me know how far you got, okay

EDIT:
the members of the council are just guys like you & me
in a figure of speech, of course; we are both outcasts on TMO whereas the council members are cherished by the community.
i'm sure if either of us where to apply for the next council, there'd suddenly be dozen if not hundreds of candidates ¦-))))))))))))

EDIT': had a look @ the Development Environment Downloads and noticed that a new flasher for both N9 & N950 is available; looks like N950 users will be able to use the same firmwares as N9 customers

Last edited by misterc; 2011-08-07 at 12:35.

Tags
bizarro world, give it up, off site, tmo gone wild, tools mingling, trolling trolls, unbelievable, vanity thread, winding down