Active Topics

Posts: 204 | Thanked: 754 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by caveman View Post
powertop at the console, and let it sit there for a while (+1 min) after the screen went blank, no X running, wifi on and connected.
discharge rate @ 66.6mW
Damn, I need to check my background processes

The Following User Says Thank You to Skry For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
Yeah ! Carry on , lets have the piece of cake

Originally Posted by Skry View Post
Nokia blobs require somewhat patched PA 0.9.x. We are going at version 3.x in Arch, so PA support breaks for everything, when downgrading. I'm not that fancy about the idea of recompiling, packaging and hosting everything that is linked with PA, so this is clearly a temporary solution for testing, and can generally be used as audio still works with alsa without any problems.
Hm, sulu @EasyDebian found a way to make new pulseaudio releases cooperate nicely with Maemo requiments (he even made nice, idiot-proof guide, on how to patch every new version, to make custom one for ED, that got all maemo-required bits). Last tested (and working) pulseaudio bits were from Debian Wheezy, so pretty recent, as compared to Maemo's 0.9.x.

I'll try to get his interest here - I think that those workarounds could be used here, too.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Hm, sulu @EasyDebian found a way to make new pulseaudio releases cooperate nicely with Maemo requiments (he even made nice, idiot-proof guide, on how to patch every new version, to make custom one for ED, that got all maemo-required bits).
Apparently he/they just changed PA to use older protocol version, correct if I'm wrong.

This, however, is not the problem here, as we don't need to worry about anything Maemo. This is more related to PA modules from Nemo, the legendary audio routing, and how/with what to manage the routing itself from userspace.

EDIT:
Ok, got it (routing to speakers and module options) to work. Though PA shows cmtspeech buffer release errors and audio crackles a bit, call audio is there, again

EDIT: Well, crackles way more than a bit..

Last edited by Skry; 2013-03-09 at 16:27.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Skry For This Useful Post:
Incoming Xorg server 1.14, fbdev-sgx users beware.

could someone upload the latest rootfs with fixes? ,thank you

Originally Posted by Alecsandru View Post
could someone upload the latest rootfs with fixes? ,thank you
And what is wrong with the links already provided?

i belive my powervr doesn't work properly , i have to read from post 1 , do you plan to include overclocking in arch?i read some post ago that it's power enought , but the overclock will increase speed considerably ,and the last question: what's the minimum sdcard class to run arch at max ? thank you for everything

Originally Posted by Alecsandru View Post
i belive my powervr doesn't work properly , i have to read from post 1 , do you plan to include overclocking in arch?i read some post ago that it's power enought , but the overclock will increase speed considerably ,and the last question: what's the minimum sdcard class to run arch at max ? thank you for everything
Make sure you've enabled powervr.service and installed xf86-video-fbdev-sgx-git. Like I've stated before, it is very much experimental, at best, and in practice totally unsupported.

I do not recommend even trying this without reading through first post and the links I provide.

I will never ever add support for overclocking. If the support appears in upstream kernel, then it will be included. Meanwhile, probably meaning rest of the eternity, I suggest to use software that does not suck.

My "development" install is on old unbranded 8GB class 4, and it runs quite fine.

You're welcome, happy hacking.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Skry For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,974 | Thanked: 1,834 times | Joined on Mar 2013 @ india
Any progress