Originally Posted by qole View Post
A USB webcam working well on the tablet:

http://blog.locationist.net/2008/03/...g-goes-webcam/

EDIT: I think you should sell the vanilla kit with custom cover for a while. It will probably sell very well. Then start selling upgrades to your vanilla kit with a camera, tilt sensor, etc.

But I think there are many, many people impatiently waiting for those covers to become available...
This is exactly what I plan to do. I can not make any new products until I see how the plain adapter with the metal cover sells. I am always getting other things to work on while I am waiting for deliveries and prototypes. The SD adapter kit is finished I am just waiting for the metal cover to be delivered before I start selling it.

The Leather cover design is also finished and I have the first samples but I will not make quantities until I also sell the Adapter since they go together. I think people will be very pleased with the leather cover design.

The Camera module is fairly simple if we get the drivers and will be sold as a different kit if it gets that far.

Thanks

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to craves1 For This Useful Post:
Craves1, do you think you can design support for CF card? It is way cheaper than SD (32gb=~$60) and even though is bigger than SD it might still have room with the Mugen cover...

Thanks for your Awesome work!

I also would appreciate a CF card. I'm entirely too frustrated with the limitations of the N810 and I haven't even gotten it yet...but...I decided its convenience outweighed its detriments.

A CF card would need to be attached via USB, because it's incompatible with mini-SD. I guess you guys are already discussing USB peripherals anyway.

Posts: 15 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Kalamazoo
Any update on when the back covers will be done?

Posts: 74 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Florida
I received my package today from Craves1. Inside a very nice MiniSD to SD adapter.

This adapter is very high quality. I installed it and it worked flawlessly. It's like the missing piece that Nokia forgot.

Craves, Excellent job!! Great engineering and the build quality is superb. I got no complaints!!!

Thanks for all your hard work.. Looking forward to my expanded storage capabilities.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to scanman717 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by jiggjake View Post
I second that. I'm definitely going to order a kit.

Originally Posted by jiggjake View Post
Sorry all I have been a little busy trying to run my remote controls company with this economy.

I received many new samples of the cover in stainless steel but I am having a minor problem with them fitting on my N810. So I checked my tablet and it seems that one corner is out of square. In order to know if it is just my tablet or all I am sending a metal cover to some customers who already purchased the adapter to get their feedback on the fit. I can not proceed until I have the answers about the fit. The clips that lock the cover to the tablet are very tricky to get exactly right since they have to fit exactly.

I also need to figure out how to create a poll or something to see how many I should make since I have not heard from many people here. I can only make what I need the first time so send that email to me if you want one. The people who sent email will be the first ones sent out. cgraves256@optonline.net

Once I know how many to make I will have them made and shipped right away. I may also have a pre-order page this week for anyone who want to be sure the receive one from the first orders.

Originally Posted by scanman717 View Post
I received my package today from Craves1. Inside a very nice MiniSD to SD adapter.

This adapter is very high quality. I installed it and it worked flawlessly. It's like the missing piece that Nokia forgot.

Craves, Excellent job!! Great engineering and the build quality is superb. I got no complaints!!!

Thanks for all your hard work.. Looking forward to my expanded storage capabilities.
I am glad you like it. Remember to always open the minisd slot cover before removing or inserting the Full size SD card. Just open it you do not have to take the adapter out. This is the way the tablet knows if the card is in or is being removed. I may have left this out of the first instructions sheets I sent out.

I will have a leather case to go with the tablet with the adapter and metal cover installed soon. The Leather case can also be used with the Mugen extended battery. I will post photos of it soon. It allows for easy access to the tablet without removing it from the case.

Thanks again for your purchase

Originally Posted by ImNoNinja View Post
I also would appreciate a CF card. I'm entirely too frustrated with the limitations of the N810 and I haven't even gotten it yet...but...I decided its convenience outweighed its detriments.
So far I have not figured out how to install a compact flash. This would have been better but I do not know of a chip-set that will work with the tablet and a CF reader.

I am working on as I said before a second SD card reader that works with the tablet trough USB.

I have also discovered how to possibly add a second SD card to the SD card bus but you can only access one of them at a time. This mean you would not be able to copy between them and you would have to switch them with a slide switch.

It may be possible to eliminate the slide switch and select each card through software but I am not sure yet. This is just on the drawing board but it should work

Tags
16gb on n810, 32g n810, memory upgards for n810, memory upgrade n810