Poll: What advanced text entry method(s) would you like to see on Sailfish?
Poll Options
What advanced text entry method(s) would you like to see on Sailfish?

Originally Posted by GuSec View Post
I have some questions though.
1) First, why doesn't swyping over the special characters work? Like å, ä and ö in Swedish and the umlauts in German? Is this a fundamental restriction of maliit?

2) is there some plan on the dictionary being intelligent by adding words typed? It's a bit troublesome when some words are lacking and don't seem to show up even with frequent manual usage.
1) This is due to modeling restrictions of okboard that only a-z are supported on the keyboard. They are not special characters, just letters of one or more alphabets, but please remember this is a young project based on Erics own itches primarily and who had specific alphabet(s) without these characters as separate letters and common keyboard letter coordinates in mind. We are though thinking hard on how to extend the model. So meanwhile see it as a way to practice mental training to make curves with fewer keys.
2) It is learning, unless you turned learning off. My experience is that if you type the actual letters for something you curved without a prediction inserted, the next time you make the curves it gives you the alternative.
Please PM any words you think is not showing up even with frequent manual use and your procedure, eg trying only typing not curving etc. It is all about curving.

Last edited by ljo; 2016-01-21 at 23:58.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ljo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 105 | Thanked: 205 times | Joined on Dec 2015 @ Spain
Hi boys! At last, OKBoard has full support for Spanih language

https://openrepos.net/content/ferlan...nguage-okboard

And it's very, very responsive

Thank you very much for all your help!

The Following User Says Thank You to ferlanero For This Useful Post:
Now due to request from the Italian people I want to star the project of Italian support for OKBoard. I already have all the corpora sources, but when I already has everything ready to the process the script show me this error:

Code:
[ferlanero@ferlanero-XPS okb-engine-master]$ db/build.sh it
Building for languages:  it
~/okb-engine-master/ngrams ~/okb-engine-master/db
running build
running build_ext
running build
running build_ext
~/okb-engine-master/db
~/okb-engine-master/cluster ~/okb-engine-master/db
make: No se hace nada para 'first'.
~/okb-engine-master/db
«/home/ferlanero/okb-engine-master/db/lang-en.cf» -> «/home/ferlanero/okboard/langs/lang-en.cf»
«/home/ferlanero/okb-engine-master/db/lang-fr.cf» -> «/home/ferlanero/okboard/langs/lang-fr.cf»
«/home/ferlanero/okb-engine-master/db/lang-it.cf» -> «/home/ferlanero/okboard/langs/lang-it.cf»
«/home/ferlanero/okb-engine-master/db/lang-nl.cf» -> «/home/ferlanero/okboard/langs/lang-nl.cf»
«/home/ferlanero/okb-engine-master/db/add-words-fr.txt» -> «/home/ferlanero/okboard/langs/add-words-fr.txt»
«/home/ferlanero/okb-engine-master/db/db.version» -> «/home/ferlanero/okboard/langs/db.version»
make: '.depend-it' está actualizado.
( [ -f "add-words-it.txt" ] && cat "add-words-it.txt" ; aspell -l it dump master | aspell -l it expand | tr ' ' '\n') | sort | uniq > it-full.dict
lbzip2 -d < /home/ferlanero/okboard/langs/corpus-it.txt.bz2 | /home/ferlanero/okb-engine-master/db/../tools/corpus-splitter.pl 200 50 it-learn.tmp.bz2 it-test.tmp.bz2
mv -vf it-learn.tmp.bz2 it-learn.txt.bz2
«it-learn.tmp.bz2» -> «it-learn.txt.bz2»
mv -vf it-test.tmp.bz2 it-test.txt.bz2
«it-test.tmp.bz2» -> «it-test.txt.bz2»
set -o pipefail ; lbzip2 -d < it-learn.txt.bz2 | /home/ferlanero/okb-engine-master/db/../tools/import_corpus.py it-full.dict | sort -rn | lbzip2 -9 > grams-it-full.csv.bz2.tmp
/bin/sh: línea 1:  4592 Tubería rota           lbzip2 -d < it-learn.txt.bz2
      4593 Terminado (killed)      | /home/ferlanero/okb-engine-master/db/../tools/import_corpus.py it-full.dict
      4594 Hecho                   | sort -rn
      4595 Hecho                   | lbzip2 -9 > grams-it-full.csv.bz2.tmp
/home/ferlanero/okb-engine-master/db/makefile:43: fallo en las instrucciones para el objetivo 'grams-it-full.csv.bz2'
make: *** [grams-it-full.csv.bz2] Error 137
I think is a similar problem that we had with the "aspell-es" pakage, but this time with "aspell-it"... Because the same process with the same corpus.txt.bz2, but running "db/build.sh es" for Spanish gives no errors :/

If the problem go away, I'll be very pleasant to give italian support to OKBoard.

Thank you very much again for all your support guys

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ferlanero For This Useful Post:
ferlanero really thanks!! i hope you will manage to implement italian language, if i can help please tell me. unfortunately i am not able to solve that problem, since i am not a developer.

The Following User Says Thank You to itdoesntmatt For This Useful Post:
Posts: 27 | Thanked: 35 times | Joined on Jan 2016 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by ferlanero View Post
Now due to request from the Italian people I want to star the project of Italian support for OKBoard. I already have all the corpora sources, but when I already has everything ready to the process the script show me this error:\

Hello Ferlanero, thanks for all the efforts. I was working as well on the Italian dictionary since I was unaware of this thread. Eric, the author of okboard, pointed me here! Good to know so we don't duplicate the efforts.

I had other issues that prevented me from generating the dict, possibly related to memory errors.

Is it possible for you to get more verbosity by running bash in debug mode? I run the script like this:
bash -x db/build.sh it

Thanks.

BTW: what corpus are you using? I found a bunch of them, the most complete being PAISA http://www.corpusitaliano.it/it/cont...scription.html

But also this http://www.corpora.heliohost.org/download.html

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spidernik84 For This Useful Post:
Update: I contacted Eric, he's checking out his script. Turns out it crashes on the aspell dump, for me.
He found out this might be caused by the huge size of the Italian dictionary. For comparison, the Italian dictionary is 36 millions words compared to the French, 600k words.

I can hardly know the average ten thousand words, how did we manage to invent 36 millions of them...

Anyway, so you know ferlanero

Originally Posted by spidernik84 View Post
For comparison, the Italian dictionary is 36 millions words compared to the French, 600k words.

I can hardly know the average ten thousand words, how did we manage to invent 36 millions of them...
@spidernik84 et al, this should rather be between 0.7-1.8 million wordforms but not much more based on the 92034 stems (roughly what we count as words) which is about the size of a standard working vocabulary of other latin script languages like french (0.63 million aspell wordforms). So there is something wrong with the assumptions in the expansion processing.

Last edited by ljo; 2016-01-24 at 22:14.

The Following User Says Thank You to ljo For This Useful Post:
Hello Ferlanero, thanks for all the efforts. I was working as well on the Italian dictionary since I was unaware of this thread. Eric, the author of okboard, pointed me here! Good to know so we don't duplicate the efforts.

I had other issues that prevented me from generating the dict, possibly related to memory errors.

Is it possible for you to get more verbosity by running bash in debug mode? I run the script like this:
bash -x db/build.sh it

Thanks.

BTW: what corpus are you using? I found a bunch of them, the most complete being PAISA http://www.corpusitaliano.it/it/cont...scription.html

But also this http://www.corpora.heliohost.org/download.html
Hi spidernik84. First of all thank you very much for adding support for OKBoard

For Italian language I'm using this corpus files:
http://corpora2.informatik.uni-leipzig.de/download.html
http://opus.lingfil.uu.se/OpenSubtitles2016.php

Which are perfect for coloquial language

I already have the whole file ready to process, so, if you are interested in using it for generating the prediction keyboard for italian language, I send you the download link to process it.So, if you are working on italian language, I can focus on other languages, do you agree?

The Following User Says Thank You to ferlanero For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ferlanero View Post
Hi spidernik84. First of all thank you very much for adding support for OKBoard
You are welcome, thank you for starting the work.

I send you the download link to process it.So, if you are working on italian language, I can focus on other languages, do you agree?
Please, yes, so I can compare them and proceed from where you started while you take care of other languages. It's good to distribute the work.
I'm still in contact with Eric, let's see what he finds.

You are welcome, thank you for starting the work.

Please, yes, so I can compare them and proceed from where you started
Perfect! Then provide me, please, an email or enable private messages to send there the link with my Italian corpus.

Now currently working on Swedish language

Last edited by ferlanero; 2016-01-25 at 11:12.

Tags
bettertxtentry, huntnpeck sucks, okboard, sailfish, swype