Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 2,383 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Finland
Originally Posted by m4r0v3r View Post
does Sailfish OS contain the Android compatibility layer as a core part, or will users have to look at it themselves.
Depends what you are asking, look at 'it' means what?

But if your asking that can you run most of the normal android apk's on Jolla-device without knowing whats under the hood, then yes.
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

The Following User Says Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by rainisto View Post
Maybe you prefer the pink fur version

http://s22.postimg.org/e1zu3xrxt/fur.jpg
Pink is fine. I like pink.

Depends what you are asking, look at 'it' means what?

But if your asking that can you run most of the normal android apk's on Jolla-device without knowing whats under the hood, then yes.
Bad phrasing on my part, but that's the thing, I mean is the Android compatibility reserved for Jolla devices only? Or any device that can install Sailfish OS.

Bad phrasing on my part, but that's the thing, I mean is the Android compatibility reserved for Jolla devices only? Or any device that can install Sailfish OS.
Currently it runs on Jolla devices only.

However if you are device manufacturer who plans to use Sailfish OS on their devices, then there most likely are licensing options available.
Disclaimer: all my posts in this forum are personal trolling and I never post in any official capacity on behalf of any company.

The Following User Says Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
Currently it runs on Jolla devices only.

However if you are device manufacturer who plans to use Sailfish OS on their devices, then there most likely are licensing options available.
Ah so a regular joe like me, who would want to install Sailfish on say a nexus 5 won't have access to the Android compatibility layer

Ah so a regular joe like me, who would want to install Sailfish on say a nexus 5 won't have access to the Android compatibility layer
You would have access to free Sailfish OS, but would not have (at least in any legal way) access to any kind of proprietary post installable services like Here, compatibility layer etc.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
You would have access to free Sailfish OS, but would not have (at least in any legal way) access to any kind of proprietary post installable services like Here, compatibility layer etc.
Ah I see, so my idea is kinda useless, unless I still get a Jolla device and rip the compatibility layer out. But then I already have a jolla device and I don't need to wait. I should just wait

Ah I see, so my idea is kinda useless, unless I still get a Jolla device and rip the compatibility layer out. But then I already have a jolla device and I don't need to wait. I should just wait
Luckily wait is almost over :-)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:
Luckily wait is almost over :-)
Since we have someone from Jolla here...
Any chance people who cancelled their day-one 40 euro order to upgrade to 100 euro when it became available, will get their priority number based on the original order? It's not really a cancellation (and I can't wait anymore!)

Originally Posted by szopin View Post
Since we have someone from Jolla here...
Any chance people who cancelled their day-one 40 euro order to upgrade to 100 euro when it became available, will get their priority number based on the original order? It's not really a cancellation (and I can't wait anymore!)
Your order ID is your priority number. So you have it already, but if you have any problems then care@jolla.com should be able to sort you out.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rainisto For This Useful Post:

Tags
"pretty soon", funniest line, jolla, pipo party, sailfish, tmo red