Active Topics

Poll: Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?
Poll Options
Have you successfully installed Nitdroid by now?

Oh thanks, I'm sure I did something wrong.

The Following User Says Thank You to Yakolev For This Useful Post:
Can anybody tell me why I don't have dataconnection even if the 3G-logo is showing up?

Sometimes the arrows 'up' and 'down' above the 3G are lightning up for a second, but are most of the time greyed out..and Nitdroid says I'm not connected. So I can't visit internet, can't use whatsapp etc.

On Maemo, It directly connects to 3G and I can browse internet, sync mails etc. etc.

Anybody an idea what I did wrong?

can i just ask how stable is this nitroid? is it fully working? is it recommended for testers at the moment?

thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to bubbbbbz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 428 | Thanked: 226 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Philippines
Originally Posted by HwKok View Post
Can anybody tell me why I don't have dataconnection even if the 3G-logo is showing up?

Sometimes the arrows 'up' and 'down' above the 3G are lightning up for a second, but are most of the time greyed out..and Nitdroid says I'm not connected. So I can't visit internet, can't use whatsapp etc.

On Maemo, It directly connects to 3G and I can browse internet, sync mails etc. etc.

Anybody an idea what I did wrong?
You may need to set up an APN so that you can use 3G. Not sure how it is configured for carriers from other countries (I'm in the Philippines). I Googled up some APN settings for the phone carriers here, entered them into NITDroid (under Settings->Connections/Networks), and there you have it. It even allows for browsing via proxy servers by configuring the proxy IP Address and Port on the APN settings.

Posts: 428 | Thanked: 226 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Philippines
Originally Posted by bubbbbbz View Post
can i just ask how stable is this nitroid? is it fully working? is it recommended for testers at the moment?

thanks
Everything working except calling features...technically it is able to connect/dial/receive a voice connection when you dial/ring the N900 when it's boot-up in NITDroid, but the earpiece may not have been enabled (yet).

Originally Posted by topet2k12001 View Post
You may need to set up an APN so that you can use 3G. Not sure how it is configured for carriers from other countries (I'm in the Philippines). I Googled up some APN settings for the phone carriers here, entered them into NITDroid (under Settings->Connections/Networks), and there you have it. It even allows for browsing via proxy servers by configuring the proxy IP Address and Port on the APN settings.
Thanx mate, but I figured out what was the problem.

It seems like a bug, that when you had a 3G connection and switch to WiFi, you can't go back to 3G because of some DNS-settings (I read somewhere).

A reboot will solve the problem. Or just stay on 3G or Wifi

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Chennai, India
I am loving this phone more and more everyday...I love Android on my phone and do like it a lot...But i cant live without maemo..its just awesomely superb...no multi tasking is pissing me off after some time...still great work from the team...brilliant...

thanks for this great release (N12_UMay). i had no problems at all installing via wiki for multiboot configuration. as i noticed nitdroid-kernel-2.6.28-07_rc4_armel.deb is available...what are the differences to rc3?

greets

i can't mount /home/and while installing.it says : can't find /home/and in /etc/fstab

i recently installed nitrdoid n12 with the help of this http://wiki.maemo.org/Nitdroid_easy_install_on_EMMC.

when i booted to android. it shows me this messge " not enough memory". i cant install applications also. pls help!

Tags
community win, mor*nicindians, nitdroid